Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Bells Bike Shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-09, 11:49 AM
mooseblend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I've purchased a few things from Bell's in the past as I live in Philly and they generally have some of the lowest prices around, so when I wanted to have a custom road wheelset built I ordered through them and put a 100 buck deposit down on the set. 6 weeks later and they won't return my numerous calls and emails, needless to say I can't recommend them anymore. Bummed that I didn't get the wheelset I wanted, even more bummed that I'm out $100.
Old 09-04-09, 12:05 PM
moshimitsu

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
so i live in philly and used to shop there, emphasis on "used to" because after reading this thread, i can't in good conscious support that business ever again.

personally my dealings there were all fairly legit though i do remember having one strange interaction there: my total for the parts i was buying came to something like $82.59, so i was about to put it on my card and steve was like just give me $80 cash and you don't need to pay tax and i was thinking, like, really dude, i don't think it works that way haha.
Old 07-20-17, 03:18 AM
QueenNyabinghi

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm having a problem with this seller right now. Ordered a crank set. They handed it off to the mail person and been in the "has left seller facility " for a week now. They run business selling bike parts then use the most inefficient shipping method. Not sure if I'll ever see my cranks as they disappeared with the mailman.
Old 07-20-17, 09:35 PM
Philasteve

Bikes: Surly CreamRoller. 98 Giant Rincon. SE UVT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by QueenNyabinghi
I'm having a problem with this seller right now. Ordered a crank set. They handed it off to the mail person and been in the "has left seller facility " for a week now. They run business selling bike parts then use the most inefficient shipping method. Not sure if I'll ever see my cranks as they disappeared with the mailman.
This thread is a 8 year old zombie thread but that's surprising, I buy off them all of the time locally and online and stuff's always been sent quick. I'd call the store if email isn't working out. A week isn't really abnormally long though, it's slow sure and no tracking number sucks but nothing to get worried sick over yet. I think phone would be the fastest method though.
Old 07-05-20, 06:23 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
A zombie thread from 2009 about how bad Bell's Bike Shop on ebay sucks...and yet today Bell's Bike Shop on ebay still sucks!

I ordered a set of tires and the order said I'd have them in a week. That was two weeks ago. No updates..crickets.. I wish I would have checked here first, but having any issue with a seller is very rare in my experience. There's always an exception I guess..
Old 07-07-20, 09:49 AM
specialmonkey
Fillet-Brazed Member

Bikes:

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Old 07-08-20, 11:55 PM
mihlbach

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
I’ve ordered a few things from them via eBay. Totally satisfied.