Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Numbness in left hand/arm? Causes?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Numbness in left hand/arm? Causes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-20, 06:13 PM
barakah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SVTNate
Doesn't apply to me, I haven't had a chip or a piece of bread or a beer or a bowl of cereal in over a year.

I drink coffee, probably 1 cup per day.

I don't eat sugar.

I recently had a full blood panel, I have no health issues.

I gave up junk food a long time ago. The only food in my house (meaning - 100% of the time, without exception) is turkey, chicken, salad, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the salads, lowfat cottage cheese, a jar of green olives that'll last me 6 months, and avocados.

EDIT - and a large collection of hot sauces! Eating nothing but chicken and turkey requires an arsenal of hot sauces, but they have no calories/no sugar.

I do always keep a Costco box of granola bars - but only for fuel when I ride more than 30 miles. I've never eaten one in my house, always out on the road.

Oh, and bar tape is original, 10 years old, but looks new. Like I said, the bike was just serviced at a well known local road bike shop.... they were amazed that the bar tape is original. There is no wear.... well, minimal wear anyway.
I’m in my mid 40’s and I average 600 kilometres a month as I commute everywhere on my Walmart hyper gravel bike, you have a Specialized Bike I envy you in a good way: I am returning my Walmart bike and I’m buying a used Trek 1200 as I am poor and also a newbie on road biking.

I eat very well and understand some nutrition! Costco granola has some preservatives and sugar & salt, cottage cheese is also not the very best for you even though it’s low in fat, also them jarred olives is also preserved.

i eat fresh and don’t add nothing on my meat except the fat they produce when I bake it and will refuse not to eat cottage cheese, oil, sugar, salt and jarred olives, honest I rather chew fresh olive but I prefer blueberries and raspberries.

not gonna a lie when I eat garbage my hands and feet numb when I ride. It’s a 40s thing I guess so food has a lot to do with it.

Last edited by barakah; 08-08-20 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-08-20, 06:24 PM
barakah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Also I ice after my ride due to the Kilometres I’m clocking, it helps my joints and keeps them on the healthy side.