Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Keirin Bridgestone Frame

Old 07-29-20, 10:51 AM
RAin_geAR

Bikes: 1972 Falcon, 198x Bianchi, 2004 Bianchi Pista, 2006 Litespeed Solano

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keirin Bridgestone Frame

Hi all,

I just acquired a Bridgestone track frame. I would like to know which bad-ass Keirin cyclist used to ride it. Does anyone know how I can link the serial number to the team/rider that might have raced it?

Cheers,
Arnel
Old 07-30-20, 07:44 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by RAin_geAR View Post
Hi all,

I just acquired a Bridgestone track frame. I would like to know which bad-ass Keirin cyclist used to ride it. Does anyone know how I can link the serial number to the team/rider that might have raced it?

Cheers,
Arnel
Welcome to the forum.

That information is highly personal. *If* any data exists, you'll likely have to get it directly from Bridgestone. And even then, the most they'll even consider offering is probably the manufacturing data and basic info about it. But even that is a long shot.

No way in hell you'll get the name of the person it was made for or sold to. That's a huge violation of privacy laws. Unless the frame is extremely unique or the rider's name or team name are painted on the frame, you are out of luck on finding that info.
Old 07-31-20, 04:29 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
hmm, my Makino has what I had always assumed was the race number / info printed on a sticker on the seat tube. Unfortunately all the text is kanji and I don't reed gud.
It does bring a certain Legit'ness to it when I skid to a stop outside the cafe
Likes For Morelock:
Old 07-31-20, 06:40 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
"privacy laws"?