Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Sold my car today!

Search
Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Sold my car today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 01:54 PM
drb2003

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sold my car today!

I sold my car today and I feel more liberated than fearful! I'm very excited to be putting the 15K toward my student loans. I still have a scooter so I'm car free but not totally oil independent . More time on the bike and scooter will be fun...I'm looking forward to it. It's strange how I couldn't wait to get my own car when I was younger, it was a right of passage...now I'm so excited to be free of the burden! It's strange how we evolve!
Old 01-18-08, 02:48 PM
acroy

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Congrats! Hope it works out great for you!
cheers
Old 01-18-08, 05:02 PM
jcwitte

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acroy
Congrats! Hope it works out great for you!
cheers
+1
Old 01-18-08, 05:38 PM
Lamplight

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Congratulations! I'm thinking of selling mine. It hasn't been driven in months and the turn signals no longer work. I don't care enough about it to bother finding out what's wrong with it and I don't want to drive something that doesn't have them (because unlike everyone else in this town, I signal)

P.S. For the record, I've checked the bulbs, fuse, flasher, switch, and even tested some of the wiring and everything seems to be fine. It's just not worth the hassle to me to try to figure out something on a car.
Old 01-19-08, 12:18 AM
bigboots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats to you all!! I got rid of my evil, war causing, earth wrecking, gas powered VEHICLE last year and like some of you, it wasn't running well anyway. I pretty much stopped driving, and started riding full time long before. I ALWAYS hated trying to figure out problems with cars and being dependent on less than honest mechanics for every stupid thing that goes wrong with them! Not that I always look forward to my bike needing a little work/repair, but it has been a little bit "labor of love" fixing and self-satisfaction of a job well done afterward while being able to repair almost anything that my bikes might need.
Old 01-19-08, 02:42 PM
nod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well done,I really panicked when my motor broke expensivly last July,but having survived so far I'm now looking to buy a new bike in the spring & have no intention of ever becoming a car owner again.