Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northern California
Reload this Page >

Sunday group ride from SF to Fairfax, CA

Search
Notices
Northern California Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-09, 06:10 PM
BBChallenge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

On Sunday I’ll be leading group ride from Golden Gate Park to Fairfax, CA and would like to invite all of you to join me! This is a training ride primarily for riders participating in the upcoming Audi Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle ride on September 12, but all riders are welcome to join us. Many of you might be considering participating in this year’s Audi Best Buddies Challenge event so Sunday’s ride could be a perfect opportunity to talk to our staff and registered riders about the event.

Below are some additional details about Sunday’s route and about the Audi Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle event. Please let me know if you have any questions! - Jeremiah Angel, Audi Best Buddies Challenge Ride Coach

Sunday’s Group ride:
Meet Location: Golden Gate Park (John F. Kennedy Drive & Tea Garden Drive – near the start of the Sunday street closing)
Time: 9:00 am
Distance: ~40 miles

Join Best Buddies Ride Coaches, Jeremiah Angel and Tim Schneider, for an easy paced out and back ride from San Francisco to Fairfax, CA. We'll ride over the Golden Gate Bridge, through Sausalito, Mill Valley, Larkspur and end in Fairfax where we'll turn around for the return trip. This route is relatively flat with only three or four moderate hills and a total climbing elevation of 1,500 ft. It should be a great day on the bike and we hope you can join us.

About the Audi Best Buddies Challenge:

You can make a difference! Support Best Buddies and help create one-to-one friendships between volunteers and people with intellectual disabilities. Sign up today and join our event Chair, Maria Shriver, for the sixth Audi Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle on September 12, 2009 from Carmel to San Simeon, CA. Choose your Challenge: select from a 100, 62, 35 or 15-mile bike ride down the majestic Pacific Coast Highway, or a 3K walk or 5K run led by Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis. Following your challenge, pick up your event gift bag, relax with a professional massage, and refuel at an all-you-can-eat gourmet barbecue while enjoying a private concert by Ciara! For more information visit: www.bestbuddieschallenge.org