Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Home Repair Stand - Carbon D-Shape Seatpost

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-21, 11:33 AM
WorldIRC
Canadian eh?

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts

Hi There,

For basic home repairs, would I be best to use a Euro style stand (like the Feedback Sports Sprint) that holds the axle, or would a more traditional style clamp mount do?

Thanks!
Old 04-19-21, 08:20 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Lately I just clamp a 2 x 4 to the edge of a table exended a few inches over the edge. Then I hang the top tube on it. so the rear wheel is off the ground. I don't have a D-shaped seat post, but I doubt it makes much difference.

If I need both wheels off the ground, I use two 2 x 4's or a wider board.

Stands are nice, but with even four bikes currently in my home, it wouldn't see enough use often enough to warrant the space it's going to take up in storage.
Old 04-19-21, 12:05 PM
Juan el Boricua

Bikes: 1980's Royce Union "fixed wheel", 1995 Trek 370, 406 -wheeled " shopper/minivelo"for running errands, SS Raleigh M60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 46 Posts
I prefer the post-clamp styles as it allows me to work with the steering and/or not remove wheels. Some of them are quite collapsible and not occupy much floor space. Is the frame's seat tube round? Get a "dummy seatpost" ( an old seat post or any piece of steel or aluminum tubing that can fit the frame's seat tube) and install it for and during work on the bike; grip the dummy seatpost with your heart's content with a regular bike work stand.