Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Canceled Zwift

Old 04-04-21, 05:29 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 682 Posts
Canceled Zwift

Its that time of year for me here in northern nevada. the weather is beginning to be too nice to ride indoors. yesterday was really awesome. so, goodbye zwift, see you next year. or not, hoping RGT improves or might join rouvy instead, who knows.
Old 04-05-21, 07:40 PM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
You can pause Zwift for the summer also. I ride all year round as I use indoor cycling as my daily gym.
Old 04-06-21, 07:26 AM
spelger

Pausing only works for a few weeks...which i will forget to extend and i'll just get charged for something that i won't use. i canceled this time last year too and started back up in nov just last year. no problems, no extra charges, same price. as an aside the only difference i noticed was paris/france and of course...new bugs.
Old 04-06-21, 09:26 AM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
I've thought about doing this, except even with the pandemic last summer I still rode indoors with enough regularity to keep it. It's easier schedule-wise on some days.

I also didn't want to give up my level and bling, and the thought of starting over at level 1 makes me sad. I'm not losing my pizza socks!
Likes For superdex:
Old 04-06-21, 11:18 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked 840 Times in 407 Posts
There are just too many times when the clock, the weather or the light just doesn't let me out. I'll probably keep it on. Now, which bike gets freedom and which stays in the dungeon?... hmm....
Old 04-06-21, 11:41 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
There are just too many times when the clock, the weather or the light just doesn't let me out. I'll probably keep it on. Now, which bike gets freedom and which stays in the dungeon?... hmm....
Same for me I usually don't get home until 6:30 which in the summer gives me about 2 hours ride time. But sometimes it's just easier to hit the trainer or if the weather sucks I'm not going outside.
Likes For Thomas15:
Old 04-06-21, 01:12 PM
spelger

i began zwift in Nov 2019 and canceled in Apr 2020. i was some way into the Everest challenge and about level 26ish. when i restarted in Nov 2020 i had everything waiting for me exactly where i left off. i've since then completed the challenge and am sporting a nice neon pink ride to match with my eye blistering pink kit. now at level 30 and am 80% done with the Italy challenge. i expect to pick up later on in Nov this year.

i have a free indoor back up for those days where i cannot make it outside. i do either training, custom grade profiles, or previous rides. i just hope this year is nothing like last year. we had so much smoke from the CA fires.
Old 04-06-21, 02:05 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
I will probably keep mine going. I spent a fair amount of time on it last summer due to air quality. Typically I do a Trainerroad workout while running Zwift concurrently, as a distraction and entertainment.
Old 04-06-21, 03:01 PM
spelger

Originally Posted by caloso
I will probably keep mine going. I spent a fair amount of time on it last summer due to air quality. Typically I do a Trainerroad workout while running Zwift concurrently, as a distraction and entertainment.
how that all connected? i am assuming one to the sensors via bluetooth and the other via ant?
Old 04-06-21, 03:38 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Stages PM on the bike to TrainerRoad on iPad; Kinetic trainer to Zwift on Apple TV. Both are BT. The Stages seems to be more stable/accurate, but they're close enough.

Last edited by caloso; 04-06-21 at 03:59 PM.
Likes For caloso:
Old 04-07-21, 10:30 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
I was just thinking about doing both zwift and TR. You disconnect zwift from controlling the trainer on startup and run TR as normal?

I don't have a PM, so I wonder if it will work

Originally Posted by spelger
now at level 30 and am 80% done with the Italy challenge. i expect to pick up later on in Nov this year.
I think when you complete the italy challenge you get a free Pinorello. I got a spesh when I finished the California challenge. Turns out red bikes are faster.
Old 04-07-21, 11:14 AM
caloso

My trainer is a dumb trainer. It's not controllable, it just transmits estimated power, so I never had that issue. But it does make a difference which order I start up each app, because Bluetooth will only connect to one device at a time.
Likes For caloso:
Old 04-08-21, 05:52 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10247 Post(s)
Liked 11,601 Times in 5,946 Posts
Last night was the first time since mid-March that I rode on Zwift. Time had gotten away from me. Still took me 20 minutes to clean up the space where I was going to ride, because I've been using to work on a project bike. Like caloso, I'm expecting to have to ride indoors some days during fire season. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of The Day The Sky Was Red, because that freaked me right the **** out.

Anyway, I'll have to see whether I used it enough to justify the expense. Riding IRL >>> riding in the garage.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 04-08-21, 06:28 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

I can imagine the fire season was a little scary last year. We had red skies because of it here, 3000 miles away.
Old 04-11-21, 05:34 PM
Athens80

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by superdex
I've thought about doing this, except even with the pandemic last summer I still rode indoors with enough regularity to keep it. It's easier schedule-wise on some days.
I also didn't want to give up my level and bling, and the thought of starting over at level 1 makes me sad. I'm not losing my pizza socks!
Whether pausing or canceling, your level, XP, drops, achievements, kit, etc. all remain intact. They will be there for the 25km free ride you can do every month without paying, and they will be there if you renew your subscription.
Old 04-12-21, 07:56 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

I felt like canceling last night when i found out the course I was on had a 4.5 mile lead-in.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 04-12-21, 10:04 AM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Athens80
Whether pausing or canceling, your level, XP, drops, achievements, kit, etc. all remain intact. They will be there for the 25km free ride you can do every month without paying, and they will be there if you renew your subscription.
well that's a horse of a different color. I may keep that in my back pocket as I get outside more this year... thanks!
Old 04-12-21, 02:18 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Originally Posted by unterhausen
I can imagine the fire season was a little scary last year. We had red skies because of it here, 3000 miles away.
Not as scary for me as for those who were evacuated, but that one day when the whole sky was red in the middle of the day? Yeah, that was freaky.

Old 04-12-21, 02:21 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Originally Posted by unterhausen
I felt like canceling last night when i found out the course I was on had a 4.5 mile lead-in.
I ran into that, too. It was supposed to be a 14 mile course, but I went 16 miles and it never said I'd finished. I assumed I'd missed it, and stopped. Later I found it had a 4 mile lead in. That seems a bit much.

Likes For genejockey:
Old 04-12-21, 06:20 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

I quit because I have a sheet of distances next to my trainer and I misread it as a 7.4 mile lead in, but that's km. I would have kept going if I realized I only had 3 more miles to go, even though my ankle was acting up. It was a gravel course, so a bit slow since I only have road bikes.
Old 04-13-21, 09:13 AM
Cycle_Buhda

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can anyone confirm that if I do cancel Zwift over the summer that I will lose all progress towards Everesting, etc?
Old 04-13-21, 10:12 AM
spelger

Originally Posted by Cycle_Buhda
Can anyone confirm that if I do cancel Zwift over the summer that I will lose all progress towards Everesting, etc?
if you read my third post i described canceling in early 2020 then restarting in late 2020 and picked up exactly where i left off. i have already canceled this year and plan to resume later this year once crappy weather comes back.
Old 04-13-21, 08:08 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Yeah, and since they give you 25km free each month, you can ride Alpe du Zwift every month and continue on the challenge.

I wonder if anyone has tested this idea.
Old 04-15-21, 05:28 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
Yesterday was an example of why I haven't paused Zwift in a while - rained all day, Tour de Watopia Stage 4 was scheduled at the perfect time for me - 26 mile hilly ride instead of 0 miles.
Likes For jpescatore:
Old 04-15-21, 06:22 AM
Cycle_Buhda

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
if you read my third post i described canceling in early 2020 then restarting in late 2020 and picked up exactly where i left off. i have already canceled this year and plan to resume later this year once crappy weather comes back.
Ahhh, yes, I totally glanced over your post. Thanks for the info!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.