Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Earth Slice (Derek Chadwick)

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 12-24-19, 01:28 PM
salsafargogreen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello. My name is Steve from Toronto. As some of you may have done I've watched, over the course of several days the you tube Earth Slice channel which follows the travels of Derek Chadwick. In 2015 he started out from Newfoundland and over the next almost two years and 140 video episodes he suddenly stops. He does not return any messages at episode 140 nor are there any videos of any kind after Feb 2017. I just hope he's ok as he was, and I hope still is a brave tour cyclist who has no doubt inspired many. All the videos say is that he is from Vancouver. Let me know if any other cycle tourist has crossed his path, or his condition if know, which I pray is good. Thanks to all.
Old 12-24-19, 01:58 PM
salsafargogreen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Missing Bicycle Tourer?

Hello, My name is Steve from Toronto. Has any tourist out there crossed paths with EARTH SLICE aka Derek Chadwick? He produced 140 video episodes on you tube channel Earth Slice. He rides from Newfoundland in 2015 to Utah in Feb 2017. At episode 140 his tour ends without warning, with no returned comments or and videos of any kind after Feb 2017. He may Have quit do to personal reasons, but I hope nothing tragic took place on his voyage though and that he is ok; no response on his channel in two years. He says he is from Vancouver so someone from there may know of him or know him personally. Concerned as a fellow touring cyclist as he has no doubt inspired many.
Old 12-24-19, 03:57 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3629 Post(s)
Liked 5,297 Times in 2,690 Posts
Someone is looking for him in General as well.
Old 12-24-19, 07:13 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3054 Post(s)
Liked 6,319 Times in 3,658 Posts
Merged duplicate threads.
Old 04-12-21, 07:55 PM
a_d_a_m

Bikes: 2021 Kona Sutra, Ragley parts-cycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 1,240 Times in 335 Posts
Hate to be the guy to bump an old thread, but I just watched all 140 of his touring and touring-related videos, and I kinda feel like this is a mystery worth solving. It's like he totally vanished. Of course, searching his name (and even combining it with words like 'Vancouver') bring up multiple results of some male model with the same name, so that doesn't help.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4X...aNXrxUCqfSDLvA

C'mon folks, the world is a small place...let's find this dude.
Old 04-15-21, 02:12 PM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
There was a story I read a couple years back about a touring cyclist who was found injured on the road (somewhere in Asia, I believe) but no one could identify the guy. It was suspected he was Canadian because he was riding a Norco. I cannot find any info on this story now.
Old 04-20-21, 08:28 AM
a_d_a_m

Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
There was a story I read a couple years back about a touring cyclist who was found injured on the road (somewhere in Asia, I believe) but no one could identify the guy. It was suspected he was Canadian because he was riding a Norco. I cannot find any info on this story now.
Earth Slice's adventures end in Cisco, UT, so I'm not sure that it would be the same one.
Old 04-20-21, 09:04 AM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by a_d_a_m
Earth Slice's adventures end in Cisco, UT, so I'm not sure that it would be the same one.
Upon closer inspection, EarthSlice looks to have a Thorne bike, not a Norco.
Old 04-20-21, 01:55 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
On his video #139 he wrote.

"Hey y'all! As you may have noticed the vids are being released less frequently than normal. I have overdone the biking and damaged mah knee! All will be OK but I do need to put the bike trip on hold for awhile. Will slowly release the handful of vids I have left so the channel doesn't die completely. I've enjoyed doing the YouTube stuff and don't plan on quitting even though the cycling is finished for awhile, so will be working on other projects in the near future that I think you will enjoy, also some smaller tours while I recover."

Maybe start by looking for the Dad instead?
Likes For cbrstar:
Old 04-30-21, 10:01 AM
a_d_a_m

Originally Posted by cbrstar
On his video #139 he wrote.

"Hey y'all! As you may have noticed the vids are being released less frequently than normal. I have overdone the biking and damaged mah knee! All will be OK but I do need to put the bike trip on hold for awhile. Will slowly release the handful of vids I have left so the channel doesn't die completely. I've enjoyed doing the YouTube stuff and don't plan on quitting even though the cycling is finished for awhile, so will be working on other projects in the near future that I think you will enjoy, also some smaller tours while I recover."
I hadn't even seen that. That at least satisfies my curiosity of why the videos seemed to abruptly end.
Likes For a_d_a_m: