Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Courtesy on the bike paths....

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Courtesy on the bike paths....

Old 08-21-19, 02:39 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,022 Times in 1,425 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I say "passing on your left". Putting the verb in seems to help. I think "On your left" is inherently confusing, and even "I'm on your left" would be better.
I wondered that when I replied. I think "coming around" sends the message they don't have to do anything, which is exactly what I want.
Old 08-21-19, 02:56 PM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
I'm fortunate to live close to a large gravel MUP network that's rarely crowded. Still, I encounter other trail users often enough. I am almost always travelling faster than anyone else I encounter. I always announce my intention to pass but shouting "on your left" gets annoying quickly. My solution is a bell. A bell is clearly heard and understood, a bell is friendly, a bell is easy. Get a bell.
Old 08-21-19, 04:28 PM
mrt2you

Bikes: trek 720 multitrack hybred, 92 trek 2300, 2010 specialized roubaix, 2014 specialized roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
90% of my riding is on paved trails.
except for areas close to apartment complexes and near several duplexes. once you get away from those areas i almost never see a person walking and occasionally see joggers. if they are in the area they seem to take great effort to stay right and get out of the way. the trail sees heavy bike use and for the most part most everyone uses courtesy on the trail and there is rarely a problem. there is about a 6 mile stretch of the trail i like to refer as the speedway.i have never seen a walker on this area in 10+ years. and only a occasional jogger. i am not fast so i max out at about 20mph. i lost count of bikes that passed me at that speed in this area.
and whenever passing someone i always announce pass on left. 80% of the walkers move right. the rest never move at all. i don't ever remember anyone moving left.
the biggest problem i encounter are clueless cell phone using dog walkers with those retractable leashes. on several occasions i have seen the walker on one side of the trail, the dog is on the other side of the trail and completely blocks the trail. those leashes are hard to see and i have actually seen a jogger trip over one because the dog is in the weeds unseen on the other side of the trail. and as usual the dog walker didn't move and kept talking on his phone.
the worse encounter the dog walker is on his phone and the leash is blocking the trail. the dog sees our group of 5 riders lunges at us, pulls the leash out of the walkers hand and goes full sprint at us. the leader sets up and kicks the dogs head when he tries to bite him. the dog is slightly stunned but regains composure and starts his attack again. another rider pulls out mace and sprays the dog. after the dog is howling in pain the walker looks up and yells at us for attacking his dog. he calls the cops on us. the cop shows up 5 min later, the station is 5 min away, and we tell him out story, the walker his story. i left after talking to the cop and never heard anything after that. i really didn't know the other 4 riders. they passed me and i tried to keep up with them, so i didn't communicate with them later about it.
Old 08-21-19, 04:52 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3646 Post(s)
Liked 5,377 Times in 2,729 Posts
Someone else is having similar problems cycling around others https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...rghhhhhhh.html.
Old 08-21-19, 04:55 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3646 Post(s)
Liked 5,377 Times in 2,729 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn
There is a huge problem with Cyclists that are riding TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS on these multi-use/bicycle paths!
Many ignore the speed limit and just fly way too fast at near 20mph during the most congested and populated times on these multi-use paths.
These jerks are giving Cyclists a bad name.
These offenders tend to be all male in the 18 to 35 year old age group according to the local police.
These folks are old enough to know better but since most of them are single and without any children, according to the police officer, they have no concept of the importance of slowing down and not being a potential reckless menace. Usually once these young bucks finally have children of their own, they will instinctively then realize that they have been a menace to the pedestrians and families with strollers and the dog on the path, as well as joggers, older children, and the elderly people that use the paths for walking. These 18 to 35 year old idiot road bike "serious" cyclists are just as bad as the 16 year old kid with a new drivers license that likes to drive 40 to 45 mph through the Walmart or Kroger parking lot where they are employed and are earning minimum wage. These 16 year old morons with their new licenses do not realize just how dangerous this is as they believe now that it is harmless to accelerate rapidly through crowded parking lots, and speed through school zones. They believe that Nothing bad will happen. The worst that they believe that could happen is that they might receive a TICKET or a Warning from the local police. They do not forsee the possibility of an accident with another car or hitting a pedestrian. They tailgate too and they believe that they can control their car. We all know of stupid accidents by 16 year old drivers, whether it was in 1954, 1965, 1972, 1979, 1999 or whatever year. You might have been lucky but my bet is if you are male and you were 16 when you started driving, that you were likely as horrible as everyone else in any era.
The important thing is that in the case of these "serious" road cyclists that have to use the PATH, are childish and obviously must feel that it is somehow a threat to their manhood if they must SLOW their cycling speed on the PATH to a very moderate 9 to 11 mph and even slower when Dogs, Old People, and runners going in both directions are blocking the way. Most of these offending "jerk cyclists" refuse to use a bell. They feel that a bell is somehow only for the girl or elderly lady on a cruiser bike with a front mounted wicker basket.
My opinion is that there are now too many of these "jerk cyclists" that the perhaps the time has come again for municipalities and or States to require a large visible license plate to mounted on every bicycle that is ridden on public roads, paths, trails, and public parks. I did not think that would ever be necessary ever again but now I'm not sure. It would be an excellent way to quickly identify Cyclists . I have a friend who is an attorney and his belief is that instead of a plate or sticker for each bicycle, that there should be a State issued bicyclist REGISTRATION NUMBER that is identifies the bicyclist. He/she would be required to display that number placard on the bike like for example competition numbers are displayed in a triathlon. He says that every cyclist's helmet should have a sticker with that same State registration number. Bicycle helmet use would be required at all times on public roads, trails, parks, and paths.
He says that children under 18 violating the registration display policy would incur a potential $50 fine for the parents of said child. The fine for those 18 and older (adults) cyclists who violate the registration display policy would incur a potential $250 fine. I know his idea sound like madness but perhaps this method of madness will improve things. Just as folks can now capture video and identify cars on the video by their license plate, so too would it be possible to identify the cyclist on dash cam video or other video by their individual state issued bicyclist REGISTRATION NUMBER no matter what bicycle that person decided to ride on that particular day. I am beginning to see that this may not be too crazy after all. In certain areas, there are just too many jerk cyclists that are misbehaving. It is certainly not the homless folks that are flying down these paths on weekends when everybody is walking the family, jogging, cruising with the kids, etc. The folks messing things up are the young male "serious" road bike riders that do use the paths. They aren't riding Salvation Army specials, as many are seen on things sporting the names Specialized and others. It isn't grandpa on his Specialized. These dumb--- young fellows need to respect the lower speed necessary on the PATHS or they need to just Not Use the PATHS when high pedestrian, dog traffic, and elderly walkers are present! It can be okay for them to ride as fast as they wish to IF YOU HAVE NOBODY THERE with 1000 meters of visibility, but these young bucks need to think about what they are doing. It might be a good suggestion: Make America Think again.
Laawzy that's lots of words!!
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 08-21-19, 05:37 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
There is a huge problem with Cyclists that are riding TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS on these multi-use/bicycle paths!.
Some paths have posted speed limits and some don't, but when posted it's 15mph and I would assume that's for all paths.

I know when the local MUP is over crowded and when it's not. I also know you can never assume there's not a loose child or unleashed dog around the next turn so i'm always attentive and will slow down when I see one and call out "I SEE THEM" to assure the parent i'm prepared to stop.

Personally it would be a really bad day for me if I ever hit a child or animal.

I also know many cyclist aren't as considerate and if I pass an obstruction, i'll try to warn other cyclists going in the opposite direction.

Public roads can be safer but they have their own hazards like drivers that stop 5 feet back the stop sign and tinted front door windows. But don't get me started.
Old 08-21-19, 05:44 PM
baldilocks

Bikes: Giant ATX Lite & Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
This is what I've noticed on my multi use path. Most cyclists call out on your left. The exception is casual cyclist that are having conversations with there riding buddies. The worst are dog walkers. They are either walking on the wrong side or the dog is on the wrong side with the leash stretched across the walk. One guy didn't even have his dog on a leash and he couldn't understand why I slowed to a crawl. One of the other problems is people looking at there phones, oblivious to what is going on around them. I have no problem slowing down to keep the path safe, but I would like to be able to pass on the left.
Likes For baldilocks:
Old 08-21-19, 06:09 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Ring your bell. Slow down. Smile and say 'Thank you' as you pass. Sometimes you have to ring twice or sound your horn.

We ask drivers to have patience around cyclists. Why can't we cyclists have patience for pedestrians and other cyclists? Or am I just a nicetard?
Likes For Daniel4:
Old 08-21-19, 06:46 PM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
I like "coming around"
Old 08-21-19, 10:56 PM
stephr1

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by render ranger
You have many complaints about riding a bike. Time to cut back or adjust your attitude?
Not at all. Merely asking a question to see what other people have experienced. As you can see, people have their "pet peeves". I happen to enjoy my bike rides.

Maybe you don't understand how someone can have concerns, yet still appreciate an activity he/she enjoys

Cheers....
Old 08-22-19, 06:32 AM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 526 Posts
There is a huge problem with Cyclists that are riding TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS on these multi-use/bicycle paths!
Many ignore the speed limit and just fly way too fast at near 20mph during the most congested and populated times on these multi-use paths.
Yes, this is a big problem on most of the trails that I ride. I share your anger at those selfish few.

These offenders tend to be all male in the 18 to 35 year old age group according to the local police.
In my experience, most of the "jerks" that I encounter appear to be middle-aged.

The important thing is that in the case of these "serious" road cyclists that have to use the PATH, are childish and obviously must feel that it is somehow a threat to their manhood ...
I encounter an equal or greater number of women riding aggressively. It's not testosterone.

My opinion is that there are now too many of these "jerk cyclists" that the perhaps the time has come again for municipalities and or States to require a large visible license plate to mounted on every bicycle that is ridden on public roads, paths, trails, and public parks. I did not think that would ever be necessary ever again but now I'm not sure. It would be an excellent way to quickly identify Cyclists . I have a friend who is an attorney and his belief is that instead of a plate or sticker for each bicycle, that there should be a State issued bicyclist REGISTRATION NUMBER that is identifies the bicyclist. He/she would be required to display that number placard on the bike like for example competition numbers are displayed in a triathlon. He says that every cyclist's helmet should have a sticker with that same State registration number. Bicycle helmet use would be required at all times on public roads, trails, parks, and paths.

I disagree completely on this. Why should you want to punish the majority of prudent cycling citizens with an expensive and probably ineffective program when a bit of judicious enforcement can work.
Old 08-22-19, 06:45 AM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 526 Posts
My comment wasn't only about your complaints in this thread.

You also complain a great deal elsewhere.

"This morning a smaller car was abt my safe distance away, but it seemed to be moving faster than normal (speed limit is 25 MPH here), so I stopped and waited. Plenty of time to see me but the car just sped thru the crosswalk without even slowing down a bit (and the crosswalk is painted on a "hump").

As the car passed me, I noticed the driver seemed to be a large (more fat than muscle...and I thought he might have been "shoehorned" into the car this morning man. And he was just staring straight ahead. Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!" (extra demerits for the fat-shaming here)

"This morning I had 2 moments on my bike ride, one with a car, and one with joggers. The car was just an ******* driver. The jogger was a near-injury accident."

"Don't forget a 30' dog leash AND head buried in a cell phone. I almost took out a cute cocker spaniel becuz the leash was across the trail and I didn't see the dog in the shadows until the last moment. If it was having trouble doing its "constitutional" before I got there, from the look on its face when I was bearing down on it, it was prob'ly leaving a brown trail all the way home.

Another is a couple stopped and having a conversation out in the path hidden from me due to a blind corner (and they had plenty of room to be off the trail)."

"Riding on the path this morning and coming around a blind corner (from both sides) was, what looked like a high schooler (there is a high school right next to this path) with a fairly full duffle bag hanging around his neck(!!??!!? WTF?). As I came around this corner he was passing a jogger and it required some quick evasive action on my part (he had no where to go except into me) to keep both of us from going over the fence and into the creek ~20 ft. below."

Again, you have many complaints about riding a bike. Time to cut back or adjust your attitude?
Nothing wrong with using BF to vent about incidents encountered when riding. Yes, some cyclists may seem to be overly sensitive to things they encounter while riding, but by posting they gain a good opportunity to see an incident through the eyes of others and may in the process become able to more objectively analyse and learn from it.
Old 08-22-19, 09:23 AM
starchase

Bikes: 1992 Giant Farrago; 2011 KHS, TC-150

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Laawzy that's lots of words!!
Called "wall of words" in a different thread by another BF'r. It still gets me chuckling.
Old 08-22-19, 09:27 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18391 Post(s)
Liked 15,465 Times in 7,306 Posts
These jerks are giving Cyclists a bad name.
These folks are old enough to know better but since most of them are single and without any children, according to the police officer, they have no concept of the importance of slowing down and not being a potential reckless menace. Usually once these young bucks finally have children of their own, they will instinctively then realize that they have been a menace to the pedestrians and families with strollers and the dog on the path, as well as joggers, older children, and the elderly people that use the paths for walking. These 18 to 35 year old idiot road bike "serious" cyclists are just as bad as the 16 year old kid with a new drivers license that likes to drive 40 to 45 mph through the Walmart or Kroger parking lot where they are employed and are earning minimum wage. These 16 year old morons with their new licenses do not realize just how dangerous this is as they believe now that it is harmless to accelerate rapidly through crowded parking lots, and speed through school zones. They believe that Nothing bad will happen. The worst that they believe that could happen is that they might receive a TICKET or a Warning from the local police. They do not forsee the possibility of an accident with another car or hitting a pedestrian. They tailgate too and they believe that they can control their car. We all know of stupid accidents by 16 year old drivers, whether it was in 1954, 1965, 1972, 1979, 1999 or whatever year. You might have been lucky but my bet is if you are male and you were 16 when you started driving, that you were likely as horrible as everyone else in any era.
The important thing is that in the case of these "serious" road cyclists that have to use the PATH, are childish and obviously must feel that it is somehow a threat to their manhood if they must SLOW their cycling speed on the PATH to a very moderate 9 to 11 mph and even slower when Dogs, Old People, and runners going in both directions are blocking the way. Most of these offending "jerk cyclists" refuse to use a bell. They feel that a bell is somehow only for the girl or elderly lady on a cruiser bike with a front mounted wicker basket.
He says that children under 18 violating the registration display policy would incur a potential $50 fine for the parents of said child. The fine for those 18 and older (adults) cyclists who violate the registration display policy would incur a potential $250 fine. I know his idea sound like madness but perhaps this method of madness will improve things. Just as folks can now capture video and identify cars on the video by their license plate, so too would it be possible to identify the cyclist on dash cam video or other video by their individual state issued bicyclist REGISTRATION NUMBER no matter what bicycle that person decided to ride on that particular day. I am beginning to see that this may not be too crazy after all. In certain areas, there are just too many jerk cyclists that are misbehaving. It is certainly not the homless folks that are flying down these paths on weekends when everybody is walking the family, jogging, cruising with the kids, etc. The folks messing things up are the young male "serious" road bike riders that do use the paths. They aren't riding Salvation Army specials, as many are seen on things sporting the names Specialized and others. It isn't grandpa on his Specialized. These dumb--- young fellows need to respect the lower speed necessary on the PATHS or they need to just Not Use the PATHS when high pedestrian, dog traffic, and elderly walkers are present! It can be okay for them to ride as fast as they wish to IF YOU HAVE NOBODY THERE with 1000 meters of visibility, but these young bucks need to think about what they are doing. It might be a good suggestion: Make America Think again.
ts;dnr
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 08-22-19, 09:28 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
ts;dnr
Imagine being so angry that you type that, but not being able to use the "enter" key.
Old 08-22-19, 11:35 AM
stephr1

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
My comment wasn't only about your complaints in this thread.

You also complain a great deal elsewhere.

"This morning a smaller car was abt my safe distance away, but it seemed to be moving faster than normal (speed limit is 25 MPH here), so I stopped and waited. Plenty of time to see me but the car just sped thru the crosswalk without even slowing down a bit (and the crosswalk is painted on a "hump").

As the car passed me, I noticed the driver seemed to be a large (more fat than muscle...and I thought he might have been "shoehorned" into the car this morning man. And he was just staring straight ahead. Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!" (extra demerits for the fat-shaming here)

"This morning I had 2 moments on my bike ride, one with a car, and one with joggers. The car was just an ******* driver. The jogger was a near-injury accident."

"Don't forget a 30' dog leash AND head buried in a cell phone. I almost took out a cute cocker spaniel becuz the leash was across the trail and I didn't see the dog in the shadows until the last moment. If it was having trouble doing its "constitutional" before I got there, from the look on its face when I was bearing down on it, it was prob'ly leaving a brown trail all the way home.

Another is a couple stopped and having a conversation out in the path hidden from me due to a blind corner (and they had plenty of room to be off the trail)."

"Riding on the path this morning and coming around a blind corner (from both sides) was, what looked like a high schooler (there is a high school right next to this path) with a fairly full duffle bag hanging around his neck(!!??!!? WTF?). As I came around this corner he was passing a jogger and it required some quick evasive action on my part (he had no where to go except into me) to keep both of us from going over the fence and into the creek ~20 ft. below."

Again, you have many complaints about riding a bike. Time to cut back or adjust your attitude?
Since you opened this door (more than once .....

What your postings tell me about you is that you prob'ly live such a sad life that the only thing you are able to do is criticize and judge anyone else who seems to bother you.

You need to chill and find a different life than living on forums doing what you do

Cheers.....
Old 08-22-19, 12:21 PM
RidingMatthew
Let's Ride!

Bikes: --2010 Jamis 650b1-- 2016 Cervelo R2-- 2018 Salsa Journeyman 650B

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by stephr1
I was curious what people's experience has been when being passed by, or otherwise encounter, other bikers while out on a ride. Specifically, I'd be interested when riding on a multi-use path (MUT/MUP).

I ride a mtn. bike and noticed most people on road bikes rarely ever let me know they are going to pass me (sometimes catch me by surprise And some of these riders pass fairly close at reasonable speeds (for that trail)...like if I turned my head at the moment of their passing, I might get hit by a shoulder I don't see many other mtn. bikes at all where I ride, so I don't have enuf data to draw any kind of inference from that.

Do others see similar behavior? Or do I have the unfortunate luck to cross paths with road bikers who exhibit bad behavior here in Silicon Valley?

Cheers....

"Ride smart. Ride safe. Always have a plan b, c, d, etc."
I am a lycra (I am riding 12-15 miles one way most days) wearing bike commuter who uses a multi use path for part of my commute. I ring my bell (knog Oi) twice while I am behind people and then I say loudly if they have on headphones, "Coming up behind you!" {USUALLY I AM COMING FAST}

if they are not paying attention or if i can see headphones i am prepared to go around or slow down. I love have 650bx 47 mm tires if I have to go off trail no big deal.
Old 08-22-19, 12:36 PM
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
In what was once a civilized society, we have deteriorated to the point that many individuals are so wrapped up in their little world(s) that they no longer consider how their actions affect others.

Inconsiderate road bikers, walkers with cell phones, walkers/joggers/riders with earbuds or earphones, dog walkers with extended leashes...the list is endless. Welcome to our modern equivalent of the wild west, the multi-use path.
+1 (often seems the worst of it, like Deadwood, with a few nice folks thrown in just to keep me off balance and put the smile back on my face)...
Old 08-22-19, 01:07 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by bbbean
I avoid the paths. Much safer on the road. Cars hardly ever stop suddenly, turn unexpectedly, or amble three across oblivious to other users.

Safer is subjective - I've never been hit by a car on the MUP, or by objects thrown by a car driver.
Old 08-22-19, 01:22 PM
indyfabz

Originally Posted by Phamilton
Safer is subjective - I've never been hit by a car on the MUP, or by objects thrown by a car driver.
Some people have been hit by a vehicle on at least one MUP.
Old 08-22-19, 01:25 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Originally Posted by stephr1
I was curious what people's experience has been when being passed by, or otherwise encounter, other bikers while out on a ride. Specifically, I'd be interested when riding on a multi-use path (MUT/MUP).

I ride a mtn. bike and noticed most people on road bikes rarely ever let me know they are going to pass me (sometimes catch me by surprise And some of these riders pass fairly close at reasonable speeds (for that trail)...like if I turned my head at the moment of their passing, I might get hit by a shoulder I don't see many other mtn. bikes at all where I ride, so I don't have enuf data to draw any kind of inference from that.

Do others see similar behavior? Or do I have the unfortunate luck to cross paths with road bikers who exhibit bad behavior here in Silicon Valley?

Cheers....

"Ride smart. Ride safe. Always have a plan b, c, d, etc."
I seldom get passed by other bikers on the trail but I can't remember when anybody passing me has ever rung a bell or announced. I use a bell, and I ring it far back enough I try to give 10 seconds' warning or so - gives the people being passed time to figure out what to do and me time to slow down and stop if I have to. I never ride over 20 mph on the trail, usually keep it to 12-15. I'm a bike commuter, not riding for "sport" or exercise, just trying to get where I need to be without being drenched in sweat. "On your left" is a joke.
Old 08-22-19, 01:33 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Some people have been hit by a vehicle on at least one MUP.
Probably. Generally speaking, there are less cars on the trail than on the road.
Old 08-22-19, 01:49 PM
indyfabz

Probably.
Definitely. How quickly we forget.
Old 08-22-19, 02:10 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Definitely. How quickly we forget.
The OP is asking for other people's experiences, and I shared.

Maybe it's time for you to share yours.
Old 08-22-19, 02:28 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
The OP is asking for other people's experiences, and I shared.

Maybe it's time for you to share yours.
I think he's referring to the truck ramming incident on a MUP in Manhattan. Oh, and the dude in California? I don't remember if that was the boardwalk or a 'pedestrian' street.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.