Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Sidi and shoe assistance

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Sidi and shoe assistance

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-18, 06:58 PM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sidi and shoe assistance

Shoes....uggg...need guidance.
I wore out my inexpensive Serfas and then rode them a season or two longer. They were heavy, hot and comfy. I ordered some Giro Factors and liked them at first until I developed callouses on top of my toes. They are simply too narrow. I live in a 1 shop town that carries only entry level Bontragers and nothing in my size. I am looking at Sidi Ergos and North Wave Extremes and possibly Lakes. However I have no way of fitting them first. Too complicate matters I am having trouble locating North Waves in the half sizes. I wear an 11 1/2. I have a little bit of a wide foot but don't require a wide shoe. Is the Sidi wider than the Giro? If I bought a 12 in the North Wave, would it be too big?
i detest buying shoes without trying them on first but the options are limited.
Old 08-14-18, 08:53 PM
ingo

Bikes: Cervelo S3, Ridley Helium, Cannondale Topstone Carbon, Giant Trance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 24 Posts
Sidi makes three widths of cycling shoes; regular, Fit (they're narrow), and Mega (wide). One of them should fit your foot. You can even get Euro 1/2 sizes in the high end models. I have a narrow foot and the Fit version is perfect. I also have Garneau shoes. They have a fitting tool on their website which takes the length of a foot tracing with your socks on and converts to their shoes size. Works perfectly for ordering over the internet.
Old 08-15-18, 06:51 AM
Pizzaiolo Americano 
Pizzaiolo Americano

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane, Bianchi Intenso, Specialized Epic Evo, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Some other stuff

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Shuffleman
Shoes....uggg...need guidance.
I wore out my inexpensive Serfas and then rode them a season or two longer. They were heavy, hot and comfy. I ordered some Giro Factors and liked them at first until I developed callouses on top of my toes. They are simply too narrow. I live in a 1 shop town that carries only entry level Bontragers and nothing in my size. I am looking at Sidi Ergos and North Wave Extremes and possibly Lakes. However I have no way of fitting them first. Too complicate matters I am having trouble locating North Waves in the half sizes. I wear an 11 1/2. I have a little bit of a wide foot but don't require a wide shoe. Is the Sidi wider than the Giro? If I bought a 12 in the North Wave, would it be too big?
i detest buying shoes without trying them on first but the options are limited.
All of the Italian cycling shoes I have tried were narrow. I have a set of Sidi's and they are on the narrow side as well. I tried on a set of North Wave they were even more narrow to me. I ended up with Fiziks and they are pretty true to size.
Old 08-15-18, 07:07 AM
Munk69

Bikes: Ridley Helium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I think my feet might be pretty close to yours. My feet are slightly wide and I have 2 pair of Sidi Wires that are perfect. Not sure why, but Sidi made those shoes slightly wider than their normal shoes. Before that I had a pair of Sidi 6.6 mega and they were too big for me. I also had a pair of Lake CX237 from CC and they were nice, but I did get hot spots from them. I

Best thing I can say about the Wire's is that I think about them when I put them on and when I take them off.