Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Help identifying classic Bianchi bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-19, 05:11 PM
linigari.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help identifying a vintage Bianchi

Hi guys I have recently acquired a vintage Bianchi bike and have been trying to identify it but have come up with nothing if anyone could help identify it and find out around what year it is and how much I could possibly sell it for that would be much appreciated
Old 08-06-19, 05:15 PM
linigari.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help identifying classic Bianchi bike

Hi guys I have recently acquired a vintage Bianchi bike and have been trying to identify it but have come up with nothing if anyone could help identify it and find out around what year it is and how much I could possibly sell it for that would be much appreciated
Old 08-06-19, 05:16 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Can you give us anything else to work with? We know it's a Bianchi, but that's not much of a start...

DD
Old 08-06-19, 05:20 PM
linigari.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help identifying and valuing classic Bianchi

Old 08-06-19, 05:42 PM
Binky

Bikes: Too, too many....

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 57 Posts
Any Pictures ???
Old 08-06-19, 06:00 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,785 Posts
Merged duplicate threads. Please do not cross post across the forum.
Old 08-08-19, 11:17 AM
linigari.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unfortunately I can’t post any pictures of the bike on this forum as I do not have more then 10 posts and the forum allowed up to 5 posts a day but if any of you can swing me an email at bigsave03@outlook.com I would be more then happy to send more info and pics about the bike

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Can you give us anything else to work with? We know it's a Bianchi, but that's not much of a start...

DD
Originally Posted by Binky
Any Pictures ???
Old 08-08-19, 07:06 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by linigari.1
Unfortunately I can’t post any pictures of the bike on this forum as I do not have more then 10 posts and the forum allowed up to 5 posts a day but if any of you can swing me an email at bigsave03@outlook.com I would be more then happy to send more info and pics about the bike
Well, in order to get to 10 posts and the ability to post pics, tell us about the components, paint/chrome details, color, etc. We may be able to get the ball rolling, or just wait on 10 posts and then post pics. Either way, we're easy

DD
Old 08-08-19, 11:49 PM
linigari.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well I do know the make is around 1986 and it’s an all dark blue frame with all dark blue handle bar tape and a suntour groupset. The seat manufacturer is corsaire and says 313 San Marco on it. At the front of the bike on the front part of the frame there is also a picture of some bird or eagle with its wings out and writing going across and on the top of the handle bars on each side there is some etched mettle one saying win and the other saying kusuki (probably the handle bar make) the handles on the breaks are made by dia-compe and I’m pretty sure the peddles are made by custom-a or at least that’s what it says on them and lastly the tires say continental giro and have a black rubber with a yellow line going all the way around which I presume was once white and they are thin road tires the bike is also a 12 speed hope this helps lol

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Well, in order to get to 10 posts and the ability to post pics, tell us about the components, paint/chrome details, color, etc. We may be able to get the ball rolling, or just wait on 10 posts and then post pics. Either way, we're easy

DD

Last edited by linigari.1; 08-10-19 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-10-19, 03:35 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,924 Times in 1,491 Posts
Could you at least describe the bike? What color is it? Is it a racing or “10speed”? Is it a mountain bike? What brand are the derailleurs and brakes? Is there a model name on the top horizontal tube?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-10-19, 10:04 AM
linigari.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well I do know the make is around 1986 and it’s an all dark blue frame with all dark blue handle bar tape and a suntour groupset. The seat manufacturer is corsaire and says 313 San Marco on it. At the front of the bike on the front part of the frame there is also a picture of some bird or eagle with its wings out and writing going across and on the top of the handle bars on each side there is some etched mettle one saying win and the other saying kusuki (probably the handle bar make) the handles on the breaks are made by dia-compe and I’m pretty sure the peddles are made by custom-a or at least that’s what it says on them and lastly the tires say continental giro and have a black rubber with a yellow line going all the way around which I presume was once white and the tire is thin like a race bike so it would probably be a road bike that is a 12 speed hope this helps lol

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Could you at least describe the bike? What color is it? Is it a racing or “10speed”? Is it a mountain bike? What brand are the derailleurs and brakes? Is there a model name on the top horizontal tube?
Old 08-11-19, 06:35 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

well I do know the make is around 1986 and it’s an all dark blue frame with all dark blue handle bar tape and a suntour groupset. The seat manufacturer is corsaire and says 313 San Marco on it. At the front of the bike on the front part of the frame there is also a picture of some bird or eagle with its wings out and writing going across and on the top of the handle bars on each side there is some etched mettle one saying win and the other saying kusuki (probably the handle bar make) the handles on the breaks are made by dia-compe and I’m pretty sure the peddles are made by custom-a or at least that’s what it says on them and lastly the tires say continental giro and have a black rubber with a yellow line going all the way around which I presume was once white and the tire is thin like a race bike so it would probably be a road bike that is a 12 speed hope this helps lol

I am trying but all that is just too generic. Suntour made lots of groupset, so it helps to know if it is ARX, Cyclone, Dura Ace etc. The same handlebars and pedals could be used over several models. Is there a model name on the brakes? What about the crankset? Hubs? Rims?

If this is the bike in question it is likely from around '85 judging from the decal style, assuming they are original. The only other real detail I can see is that the fork is very likely a replacement, most Bianchi bikes, at least in the US, did not have chrome forks in the '80s.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-11-19, 07:29 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

I keep coming back to this. I think it is a a '84 Special with different brake levers and saddle. More details would be helpful though

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-13-19, 02:10 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I am trying but all that is just too generic. Suntour made lots of groupset, so it helps to know if it is ARX, Cyclone, Dura Ace etc. The same handlebars and pedals could be used over several models. Is there a model name on the brakes? What about the crankset? Hubs? Rims?

If this is the bike in question it is likely from around '85 judging from the decal style, assuming they are original. The only other real detail I can see is that the fork is very likely a replacement, most Bianchi bikes, at least in the US, did not have chrome forks in the '80s.
The chrome fork could be indicative of one of the Canadian market Bici variants, as there is no sign of distress behind the head lugs. Regardless, the presence of a steel headset, steel seat post, brakes without a quick release and what appear to be SunTour DLW shift levers, suggest an entry level model. A drive side photo, particularly of the drivetrain would help. The serial number should allow us to determine the model year.