Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Almost there

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-11, 04:44 AM
KBentley57

Bikes: 2010 Felt DA, 2012/6 Felt F5, 2015 Felt AR FRD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Almost there

Weighed in this morning, and I've finally passed the 170 barrier . I swear I was at 170-173 for two weeks! Only 5 or so more to go.
Old 08-13-11, 06:01 AM
DARKSCOPE001

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good for you. keep it up you will get there. I just got back out on my bike now I just need to start watching what it is i eat. college has ruined me. I prefer fast food burgers to almost anything out there.

Good luck
Sean Scott
Old 08-13-11, 01:51 PM
KBentley57

Bikes: 2010 Felt DA, 2012/6 Felt F5, 2015 Felt AR FRD

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DARKSCOPE001
good for you. keep it up you will get there. I just got back out on my bike now I just need to start watching what it is i eat. college has ruined me. I prefer fast food burgers to almost anything out there.

Good luck
Sean Scott
I know what you mean about college. I went from about 180 (end of high school) to about 230 (graduation of college). Basically, eating fast food for breakfast lunch and dinner while getting minimal exercise is an easy formula for weight gain.

I don't eat out anymore, at least when I can help it. (Specifically, when I'm out with family members and they just have to have Wendy's, or similar..) I don't drink pop (or soda) anymore, I don't snack on things like chips, candy bars, yada yada yada..

I've found a way to cook healthier food that actually does taste great. I eat a lot of fish, veggies, and everything your mother told you to eat as a child. Also, when I don't bike, I try to walk or run for an hour a day. It's on the treadmill, which I loathe, but it helps with the cardio, making the biking much better.

I should consider myself lucky though, the weight has been coming off steadily without any plateaus of serious length. I use myfitnesspal on my phone to keep track of my exercises and *everything* I ingest. I've been following it (calorie wise, there isn't much you can do about the carbs, sugars, sodium, ect.. if you exercise a lot, I suppose it thinks you are only constricting calories and not using anything taken in during the day.) Weight can come off easy if you follow a good plan, and stick to it. All it takes is time.
Old 08-13-11, 02:55 PM
chefisaac

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That's great. I love to bike and excersise but eating has been an issue for me. Gotta get that under control.