Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Finally met an einvornmentally friendly girl....

Search
Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Finally met an einvornmentally friendly girl....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-06, 01:48 AM
Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 365 Posts
She's damaged goods, buddy. Have you figured out that much yet?

She's bouncing from bf to bf and I suspect its not her that does all the dumping. In terms of this wordplay b.s. with the menu and whatever, play her like a violin (like she's playing you, or haven't you worket that out either?) say what she wants to hear, who knows you might score? either way she's nothing but target practice and if something better comes along in the meantime just take her out with the rest of the garbage. Capish?
Old 12-02-06, 09:25 PM
Blue Order

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yendor28
update:

Anyway, she called me up for a catch up yesterday. Nice, just chatting and all. Then she says 'just so you know, there is nothing romantic between us'. I picked up my phone, and said 'hello Roy, yeah cancel those roses' making a joke of it. She continued saying blah blah don't want you to get the wrong idea etc. Just then the cafe closed and I made to go, she said she would come for a walk with me, I walked home (opposite direction to her) and we sat down at a park on the way, and she continued. I do not want you to fall for me, as all my guy friends do. Plus all my bfs fall madly in love with me. I do not mean to break their hearts. My brothers say I just cast a spell on men.

I made fun of the situation here singing the chorus from maneater by nelly furtado But in reality it really annoyed me. Afterwards, bizarrely I felt rejected. Which was stupid as I never even made a move. That is why I feel even more frustrated as I feel like I was rejected before I even tried. Which is horrible. This is obviously latent from a past relationship.

The funny part is that the psychology of the situation almost makes me want to chase her because of her running away to begin with. I intentionally shall not though of course because it is stupid.

I just felt so stupid sitting there getting broken up with before I had even done anything. Anyway, I made fun of it and she said 'sorry, so embarrassed, just that I am breaking up with my bf and did not want you to I quote 'rub your hands together' i.e think you are in effectively. I laughed and made fun of the situation some more.

I shall throw away her number simply because I feel the whole 'maneater, cast a spell on men' junk is more trouble than it is worth. MY LAST 3 girlfriends WERE EXACTLY THE SAME! That was why I was laughing. I hear girls say this stuff all the time. THat line is always used by the girls who I end up going out with.

* the funny thing is, this girl is NO WHERE NEAR the looks and desirability of any of my past gfs. Not even close. I was trying to be more open minded and try different things. Holy backfire batman

share your thoughts on that one if you will
I think you should take all the cynical advice you're receiving with a grain of salt. She's being upfront with you-- she doesn't want you for a boyfriend. She does want you for a friend. Does every male-female "friendship" have to be romantic? If not, why is it necessary to play games with her? People here are advising you to be an a-hole. Don't do it. If you can't help yourself and you already have feelings for her that prevent you from being friends, then tell her. But don't turn yourself into an a-hole like people are advising you to do.
Old 12-03-06, 06:50 PM
rs_woods

Bikes: Trek T80, Trek SU200, Trek SU100, Giant Bowery

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by recursive
My girlfriend has a car. It doesn't cause us any angst. I'm just not the preachy type. My lack of a car has not created any problems with any of my relationships because I never talk about it.
What if the situation is reversed? The issue I have is that i dont talk about my transportation, but girls bring it up to me and try to force me to talk about it. the flirty girls at work especially, the preachy types, trying to get me to get a car for whatever silly reason...
Old 12-03-06, 08:08 PM
yendor28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks guy!

I am gotten to a point in my life where I can take advice, especially overwhelmingly clear advice like this. It has taken me a while to accept objective analysis but I will.

thanks
Old 12-05-06, 09:49 PM
cabana 4 life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cabana 4 life
i feel ya, i met a girl this summer. the town i live in girls just laugh at you for riding your bike. so i get in the local paper for riding my pedicab and they need photos, who comes to take them this hot girl who i knew was not from around town. she was into the pedicab and the clothing company i was starting, i asked her to hang out and she showed up on her BIKE. the best part it was a beat up fuji i could tell she really rode ,it not just a few times in the summer. one night while hanging out her bike got stolen. i felt awaful because she loved her bike. i told her it would be ok and that muskegon was a small town and we'll see it again (i knew there was no chance that would happen so talked all tough, "if i see it ill kick some ass and get it back") a week passes i still feel bad, i even tried to find the same bike to replace it, no good. i was driving with my dad on the other side of town and what do see HER BIKE! I drive around the block get out tell the guy he's on a stolen bike and take it back, he knew it and gave it up kinda easy. anway getting her bike back made me a super hero and things were awsome. one problem she was a intern at the paper and the beginning of september she got offered a new job in nashville,so now shes gone, we talk and text message and next weekend im flying to nashville to see her. so i know how it feels to find the right one and have her be just out of your reach. as far as the boyfriend goes, be a stand up guy and wait for her ,if shes happy do you really want to ruin that for her? and a job is a job. im happy your getting some money from the oil dicks.

once again i feel your pain, i have my own update.i flew to nashville to see her. it was cool and kinda akwerd at times. i left on a good note. when i got home we still sent text messages and what not, till one day i get a call, she tells me she kissed another guy and dosent know what to do. then i get the "we should be friends" thing. i dont know what to do i mean shes super cool and is what a call "a good friend"but damn, to think she going out with other guys sucks. so i feel ya, what to do? i just talked to her on the phone and shes all like nothing ever happend. i dont know. girls?
Old 12-05-06, 10:36 PM
cyclerevolution
Typical Leftist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My advice after viewing this thread pop up over the past weeks is simple: be direct. Many people I know seem to have developped these really casual attitudes when interested in someone and then wonder why "it's not going anywhere"... Yes, there is something to be said for "playing it cool" but if you like someone and want to make something out of it, you've got to make those steps and put yourself on the line (and yes, it is really hard). It has worked well for me in the past, even when a relationship has not worked - at least there's communication. I'm not saying there's no room for mystery and excitement, far from it, but (step up on soapbox) we're all so afraid these days of expressing ourselves and our emotions that we end up in these dysfunctional situations that could so easily be resolved if we communicated (okay, I'm done).

At the same time, when someone is clearly not interested you can spare yourself the embarassment, and move on... unless your smitten (in which case, ouch).

I'm not saying that the OP is necessarily doing this, but that's the sense I've gotten - my apologies if I offend or this is not the case.

Cabana, that is unfortunate... but distance relationships are rough. If you love her - do something!

Last edited by cyclerevolution; 12-05-06 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-07-06, 06:04 PM
gizem310
Mutt Owner

Bikes: Trek 520

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't underestimate the power of change. When I met my now-husband, he was driving a gas-guzzling sports car. Then he switched to a brand new SUV! He used to say that he loved the new car smell!
Fast forward to three years later. The SUV is gone, hubby an avid bicycle commuter, as green as Kermit!
There are a lot of diamonds in the rough out there...
Old 12-13-06, 05:56 PM
Blue Order

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So my girlfriend's mother thinks I'm a loser because I don't own a car. Never mind that I live in a city where a car isn't essential, and never mind that I'm on a student budget. Anyway, yesterday, I found the environmentally car I've been hoping for-- it will be available in two years. I figured that's enough time for me to graduate, find a job, and start saving money towards a car. So I tell my girlfriend about my car plans, and I make it clear that she can drive the car because I'll ride my bike.

And then she said she'd rather ride with me...
Old 01-02-07, 02:27 AM
yendor28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UPDATE:

So we got together (some nice loving ) over the XMAS break. Magic. We get along great and there is a LOT of chemistry.

The girl's priorities and directions are a bit wacky at the moment so i have stepped back. Very nice experience though regardless of how it pans out.
Old 01-02-07, 03:55 AM
vendorz

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Go hard, young man...

I almost posted here before when you were talking about it... it sounded to me like you could get somewhere by playing this young woman (that is, she was flirting in her own funky fashion)... it just wasn't clear that you could get to the long-term relationship it sounded like you wanted.

Intentionally or not, you were playing it properly by being cool and letting her chase you.

Last edited by vendorz; 01-02-07 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-02-07, 05:50 PM
dee-vee
vegan powered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I feel your pain. I have been trying to find a vegan, car free, non liberal chick for a while. I don't think they exist.
Old 01-03-07, 08:39 PM
yendor28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new update:

doh!

Hey,

Hope you had a GREAT holiday! What did you get up to?

Time for you to give me your take on my life below The feminine inside handbook as to what actually happened

OK.

I was with this girl over the summer break. 2 weeks and some nice loving many many times. A massive push – pull relationship.

Eg. We met and went out a couple of times and got along great about 2 months ago. Then she calls it off because she is in a relationship – SURPRISE 1

I stop following and she gives me a call some weeks later to catch up. We do and have a great time. She tells me out of no-where that she is a man destroyer and that although she is breaking up with her boyfriend, for me not to get any ideas. – SURPRISE 2

I leave it a while then send a hello message. We catch up a couple of times and have a good time but nothing happens and she is super cold. I flirt openly and then she says if I am to flirt then she cannot hang around me. I say fine, nice knowing you and all the best because I do like her. Next day she calls me up and we go down to the beach and she is ALL OVER ME. Kissing me all over – SURPRISE 3

Then she calls me up a day or two later (Xmas eve) to catch up. We go to the beach. Kiss a lot passionately. Then she gets cold feet and calls it off. She does not want to go further. Really frustrated me considering how well we got along and the fact we had great chemistry but I said fine and told her to check this out. I then showed her my phone and me deleting her phone number – SURPRISE 4

I contacted her again and organise to catch up.* I bizarrely have an awesome memory for phone numbers. Seriously. We end up having AWESOME s-x. Ridiculously good for her the lucky girl J We catch up about 3 times that week and have s-x about 10 times amongst some other passion. We get along great and go to the beach and have dinner then some nice loving. Life is good. Then after I pleasured her on New Years Eve, she gets a message from her supposed bf interstate. I am like ‘What?’, I thought you broke up. She said ‘no’, that is why I feel so bad about this. Sidenote: She did not seem to feel that bad mere hours before when she was screaming in ecstasy from me being inside her J - SURPRISE 5

I dropped her home. She tried to kiss my goodbye but I only gave my cheek. I did not call for a couple of days. Then tried to call one night, with no answer. She called me a couple of times the next day but I was busy. I thought I would do the right thing and call her back that night (last night). So she says ‘ I think we should end us’ I said ‘what us’ I did not know we had an ‘us’. Anyway, we chatted and I decided to be open. I said that I really liked hanging out with her and had a great time but did not like her chase me games. And that it was a shame that it had to end. I asked why and she first said that it was 50% her partner interstate and 50% that she did not think we were going in the same direction in life. *SIDENOTE, who splits things up like that!

Anyway, she then proceeded to tell me how awesome the sex was and how she did like me a lot. I said, something does not add up, what are you not telling me. She said nothing a couple of times and I spoke about something else then she said ‘look, there is one thing’. I am going to start seeing my ex-boyfriend again. SIDENOTE: I have no idea how many boyfriends she has. Ridiculous. *She told me she has slept with 10 guys. She said that of her own accord on Xmas eve. I was like ‘thanks for that’. Anyway, I said cool. She then said she has a friend that would love me, a massage therapist, and did I want her number. I thought for a couple of seconds then said ‘ hey, look, feel free to talk me up all you want but I think I will pass. I am going to focus on myself and my priorities in life right now and not girls.’

*Question: What was that all about? I don’t get it. Would you have said ‘sure, give me the number. Why or why not?

We ended the phonecall and I deleted her number from my memory. Or at least I am trying to forget it.

A shame but at the very least a really nice experience for my Summer holiday.

What are your thoughts?
Old 01-03-07, 09:54 PM
cerewa
put our Heads Together

Bikes: a mountain bike with a cargo box on the back and aero bars on the front. an old well-worn dahon folding bike

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yendor, that girl you've been hanging out with is bad news. She didn't tell you she had a boyfriend, and if you were her boyfriend she wouldn't tell you she had a fling going on the side.

I wouldn't trust a friend of hers either
Old 01-04-07, 02:23 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It sounds to me like both of you are playing games and neither of you is mature enough for a serious relationship.
Old 01-04-07, 08:47 AM
PSYCLONE
Pabst Blue Ribbon Lover

Bikes: 1993 GT Psyclone + 1987 Schwinn Sierra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yendor28
update:

Anyway, she called me up for a catch up yesterday. Nice, just chatting and all. Then she says 'just so you know, there is nothing romantic between us'. I picked up my phone, and said 'hello Roy, yeah cancel those roses' making a joke of it. She continued saying blah blah don't want you to get the wrong idea etc. Just then the cafe closed and I made to go, she said she would come for a walk with me, I walked home (opposite direction to her) and we sat down at a park on the way, and she continued. I do not want you to fall for me, as all my guy friends do. Plus all my bfs fall madly in love with me. I do not mean to break their hearts. My brothers say I just cast a spell on men.

I made fun of the situation here singing the chorus from maneater by nelly furtado But in reality it really annoyed me. Afterwards, bizarrely I felt rejected. Which was stupid as I never even made a move. That is why I feel even more frustrated as I feel like I was rejected before I even tried. Which is horrible. This is obviously latent from a past relationship.

The funny part is that the psychology of the situation almost makes me want to chase her because of her running away to begin with. I intentionally shall not though of course because it is stupid.

I just felt so stupid sitting there getting broken up with before I had even done anything. Anyway, I made fun of it and she said 'sorry, so embarrassed, just that I am breaking up with my bf and did not want you to I quote 'rub your hands together' i.e think you are in effectively. I laughed and made fun of the situation some more.

I shall throw away her number simply because I feel the whole 'maneater, cast a spell on men' junk is more trouble than it is worth. MY LAST 3 girlfriends WERE EXACTLY THE SAME! That was why I was laughing. I hear girls say this stuff all the time. THat line is always used by the girls who I end up going out with.

* the funny thing is, this girl is NO WHERE NEAR the looks and desirability of any of my past gfs. Not even close. I was trying to be more open minded and try different things. Holy backfire batman

share your thoughts on that one if you will
Dude, your first mistake was Nellie Furtado. Any man worth his salt, knows you should have been humming "Maneater", by Hall and Oates!
Old 01-04-07, 10:49 AM
recursive
Geosynchronous Falconeer

Bikes: 2006 Raleigh Rush Hour, Campy Habanero Team Ti, Soma Double Cross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rs_woods
What if the situation is reversed? The issue I have is that i dont talk about my transportation, but girls bring it up to me and try to force me to talk about it. the flirty girls at work especially, the preachy types, trying to get me to get a car for whatever silly reason...
If someone wants to talk about transportation, I have no problem with that. I just don't want to proselytize. If a flirty girl doesn't like that I don't have a car, I suppose it's her loss.
Old 01-04-07, 11:17 AM
nelson249
"Per Ardua ad Surly"

Bikes: Bianchi Specialissima, Mongoose Hilltopper ATB, Surly Cross-Check, Norco City Glide

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knobster
That's rare. I have one myself and married her. She commutes by bike and collects more bike crap than I do!

As far as the boyfriend. Put a bumper sticker or two on his ride that says something like "Hummers Rule!" or "Baby Seals taste like chicken". That'll do it.

Your job could be a bonus. Just tell her you're working to change the industry from the inside!

Yes, it's more than just a hat rack my friends... :-)

Seal tastes more like oily roast beef than chicken... just sayin'
Old 01-04-07, 11:53 AM
JeffS
not a role model

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Erzulis Boat
If there was any chance, she would have told her boyfriend to haul ass as soon as she met you.

Sorry to ruin your day, but you youngsters gotta' learn sooner or later.
I wouldn't agree. Many women won't let go of the current one until they're sure about the replacement. I personally try to avoid those types, but it's still a reality.

I say you forget about all this "respect the relationship" talk and be persistent. If you can't, you didn't want it bad enough anyway.
Old 01-04-07, 12:49 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
She sounds like she has Borderline Personality Disorder.

"Think Outside the Cage"
Old 01-05-07, 12:44 AM
donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
She sounds like she has Borderline Personality Disorder.
Seemed a bit in that direction to me, too. Be glad it's over, yendor28. You really don't want anything even semi-permanent if it is true.
Old 01-07-07, 11:18 PM
yendor28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks guys - good advice!