Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1995 Schwinn Frontier

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-23, 11:22 PM
Maygenj2

Bikes: Schwinn Frontier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1995 Schwinn Frontier

I was recently given an Anniversary Edition 1995 16-inch Schwinn Frontier women's bike and I wanted to know how much it is worth. I'm planning on keeping it but my father thinks I will probably want a bike that has suspension after riding this for the season so thought I would put out a feeler to see what it may be worth so I'm not taken advantage of if I go to trade it in or sell it. The bike is in amazing condition considering it's almost 30 years old and cleaned up very nicely. I believe it has all the original parts 26-inch wheels and is an 18-speed. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-11-23, 05:16 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3702 Post(s)
Liked 5,539 Times in 2,802 Posts
Maybe $120 if everything works properly.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 05-15-23, 09:06 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 1,707 Times in 983 Posts
It was a $220 bike when it was new, so you shouldn't expect much from it as a trade in or selling it. Do you plan on riding off road? If not, suspension isn't needed and many people prefer non suspension bikes like this for general on road riding. If it works well, ride it for the season and decide for yourself. My most comfortable bike for riding on the road is a gravel bike without suspension.
Likes For alcjphil:
Old 05-15-23, 12:23 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5891 Post(s)
Liked 3,475 Times in 2,080 Posts
Originally Posted by alcjphil
It was a $220 bike when it was new, so you shouldn't expect much from it as a trade in or selling it. Do you plan on riding off road? If not, suspension isn't needed and many people prefer non suspension bikes like this for general on road riding. If it works well, ride it for the season and decide for yourself. My most comfortable bike for riding on the road is a gravel bike without suspension.
+ 1 on this. If not riding single track, a non suspension vintage MTB like this is very good including for gravel riding.

As to value, $120 would be near the top of the range but impossible to give a good valuation without pictures and an idea of the condition of the bike.