Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Problem with display of people's posts.

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-19, 12:14 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts

I see a portion of the browser window being unused. People's posts show up only on the left 60-percent. When an image in their post exceeds this width, both the image and the text of their message are cut off. I can still view the image by copying its address and pasting it into a new tab, but the text of the person's post is still cutoff (plus I shouldn't have to do this just to read these posts). I think this browser is Mozilla 45.9.0, and it's the Mac version. I'll see if I can post a screenshot of the problem in a subsequent post.
Old 11-08-19, 12:18 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
I see a portion of the browser window being unused. People's posts show up only on the left 60-percent. When an image in their post exceeds this width, both the image and the text of their message are cut off. I can still view the image by copying its address and pasting it into a new tab, but the text of the person's post is still cutoff (plus I shouldn't have to do this just to read these posts). I think this browser is Mozilla 45.9.0, and it's the Mac version. I'll see if I can post a screenshot of the problem in a subsequent post.

Old 11-09-19, 04:12 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You are referring to FIREFOX ESR and the version you are using is waaaaaay old. Can't you install any newer ones? Have you tried to?

At one point Windows users who could not use Quantum could use ESR 54 something but Firefox Browser as it's now called is past version 70.

One good question...are you using the latest Mac OS?

And a hint: Firefox has improved a LOT in the last two years. I would investigate.

Last edited by Rollfast; 11-09-19 at 04:16 PM.