Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Fulcrum wheels....

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-19, 06:48 AM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts

What are your thoughts on Fulcrum wheels? I have read great reviews overall and I did not want to break the bank on a new set so I was able to get a set of Fulcrum 4 wheels for a decent price.

I have in the past ran Spinergy wheels that I loved and they even decreased my times on routine routes overall. I was unable to find a set of Spinergy this go round for a decent price so I started looking at Fulcrum which I had known about for years but never any riding experience on. So the story is, I bought a set so this post is actually the cart before the horse so to speak....LOL but the reviews were great overall on this particular wheel.
Old 11-09-19, 11:58 AM
robnol
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Germanrazor
What are your thoughts on Fulcrum wheels? I have read great reviews overall and I did not want to break the bank on a new set so I was able to get a set of Fulcrum 4 wheels for a decent price.

I have in the past ran Spinergy wheels that I loved and they even decreased my times on routine routes overall. I was unable to find a set of Spinergy this go round for a decent price so I started looking at Fulcrum which I had known about for years but never any riding experience on. So the story is, I bought a set so this post is actually the cart before the horse so to speak....LOL but the reviews were great overall on this particular wheel.
whats your budget...racing wheels or daily trainers
Old 11-10-19, 06:59 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
You didn't say if your 4s were disc or rim. They vary in spoke count but have the same rider weight limit. Either should serve you well. Reasonable weight and no weird proprietary parts. Relax and ride them
Old 11-10-19, 10:59 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
I have no experience with them and probably won't thanks to my Mavic USTs. Having said that, I have a friend who had an LBS and then was a rep in the industry working for companies like Bianchi, Garneau and Lezyne. He likes those wheels a lot. Sorry I can't give you more specifics.
Old 11-10-19, 02:28 PM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
I have no experience with them and probably won't thanks to my Mavic USTs. Having said that, I have a friend who had an LBS and then was a rep in the industry working for companies like Bianchi, Garneau and Lezyne. He likes those wheels a lot. Sorry I can't give you more specifics.
I understand. I was the same way with Spinergy but their popularity gained a bit and now prices have almost doubled for the mid-level wheelset. So Fulcrum was an alternative I had known about but never tried.

I hope they are decent. I don't race competitively so spending $1000+ for wheels is not happening.....LOL
Old 11-10-19, 03:14 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
I neglected to mention that I have rim brake 5s with 15,000+ miles, still working fine.