Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Which Brand is Best for BMX Bikes?

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 11-12-19, 02:29 AM
malsi lestari

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I want to buy a BMX bike, but still confused which brand is best for BMX bikes? do you have any idea?
Old 11-13-19, 10:37 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
Heres a decent read and this is the short version for me. Lol! You dont get lots of action herecfor BMX so here goes. Many have different levels and the attraction can be from unique attribute, colorway, name, value, how much cash you have or whether it will hold value. I'm sure there's more.

-Sunday is probably the most popular and very nice, they hold value, well known riders and are a division of old school company Oddyssey. They do crazy solid colors and dent resistant tubing with ridges. They are cutting edge in many products. Glow in the dark kit (f/f, cranks bars) is about to drop and will be gone like that.

-My favorite Subrosa, they offer cool products like the Wildchild frame (one of the only new school that looks a little old school). Pierced seatpost like a GT. They also give props to old school with a double top tube 26 and have some RadRick posters etc. Tear drop Shadow bars...

-Cult in on fire right now, they sell out of many things. The image is great and they also nod to old school. Laid back pivotal post, looptail big bike.

-American built like S&M, Standard have a good following and you can customize to a point.

-Euro companies like Fly (Spain) and Colony (Aus) are nice well. Also with cool stuff. Wasp (buzzing) hubs, magneto (magnetic for pawls) hubs, DTT also.

Brands like Stolen/Kink/(B)Eastern are seen as a little lower but are priced great and offer their unique stuff like LowPro brakeless rims, Revolver headset/BB. I dont think their frames are butted like higher end but still within ounces in weight.

Many more.....also some companies are parts only. Big companies use multiple divisions for their product. Some is crossover parts, some are just budget parts.

Odyssey/Sunday/Gsport
Subrosa/Shadow/Rant
Stolen/Fiction

You can build or buy a nice bike from any of these and have no issues.

Last edited by Bikerider007; 11-13-19 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-17-19, 06:16 PM
Chris654

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Haro is the best option

Old 11-18-19, 01:13 PM
smullen

Bikes: Trek 4900, Giant Anthem x 29er 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris654
Haro is the best option
I dunno about best, but I wish their new stuff would come out.
Old 11-26-19, 05:44 PM
hobbsc
backwoods bicycle militia

Bikes: 2019 FIT PRK, 2019 WTP Avenger

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm super new to BMX in general so I don't have a lot of exposure. I bought a Fit PRK and it seems to be a pretty serviceable bike. The only issue is most of the frame is hi-ten. The top and down tubes are chromoly, though. I do have some concerns about breaking it on big drops.

As for subrosa, I can't speak for their bikes but I have their lights, gloves, shoe inserts, and invisalite shin/knee pads. The lights arrived damaged and the gloves ripped quickly (but I was able to stitch them up... diy or die). I wrote them about the busted lights and gloves and received no response so your mileage may vary. I think their frames look very cool but I'd hesitate to buy one after that experience. They did toss a neat little coin purse in with my order though...

What I've seen a lot out and about is Sunday, Standard, and Cult, for whatever that's worth.
Old 12-14-19, 08:00 AM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), 90's Giant Innova (now with drop bars), Yess World Cup race BMX, Redline Proline Pro24 race BMX Cruiser

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 127 Posts
FMF is definitely the best.
Old 12-16-19, 12:13 AM
ekline309

Bikes: Standard TRLS 250

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've ridden a Standard frame since age 14 and will never ride anything else. They are American made and the quality is second to none.