Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Sciatica!

Old 02-23-19, 05:57 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3884 Post(s)
Liked 1,936 Times in 1,382 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Years ago when racing I burned out on indoor riding. I have rollers and they at least provide something for me to do while spinning. Also have a resistance trainer that I used today after the cruiser ride. Lasted 9 minutes and called it good enough. Will break out the rollers this weekend and see what happens. Music will need to be excessively loud and from the 70's-80's.Tiime to fire up the Klipsch.
Love my rollers. My opinion, and remember I'm known around here as The Demented, is that nothing good happens on an indoor ride in less than 45'. Do whatever you have to do to make it interesting if not the most fun you ever had. The thing I like most about rollers is that they demand concentration. That keeps up the interest level, 'cause if that falls off, I'm on the floor.
Old 02-25-19, 02:13 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked 1,369 Times in 718 Posts
At the insistence of my wife I visited the doc and he sent me to PT. PT had me do all sorts of things to see what irritated the nerve and what did not. One specific thing really irritated the sciatic nerve and that clued them in on a lower disc in the back. They kept having me do this "exercise" and about an hour later the pain was gone.

Then my wife decided to try driving through the garage door. Had to take it apart, bend things into position, put it back together and rewind the torsion spring. That hurt. Went to the PT again this morning and did only the one movement and within minutes the pain was gone. Going to keep doing this every 3 hours and see if I wake up with pain in the morning.

Has been a nice break through.