Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Rear seat recommendation

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Rear seat recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-10, 11:18 AM
white

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear seat recommendation

I'm looking for a rear seat for carrying my daughter on short errands, usually under 3 miles. The difficulty I'm having is that of the seats I've seen locally are for tiny kids. My kid is tall and light, ~45 inches and maybe 40 lbs all bundled up. Something like the Bobike Junior looks ideal, except she's 10 lbs too light, and it doesn't have anything to keep feet away from spokes. The Bb Maxi would work weightwise, but I'm not sure about height. It also doesn't fold down like the Junior. Online, the thing that looks closest to what I would like is an old Schwinn folding child carrier, with armrests.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-12-10, 02:05 PM
sailor2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have Bobike Maxi and for 45 inches tall kid the straps will most likely be too short, but it would work otherwise. But it's only rated to 55 lbs, so I think Junior is a better fit. From their web page Junior have the same foot guard plates as Maxi: https://www.bobike.nl/products/en/voe...menu=m14____m2
Old 10-13-10, 12:33 PM
white

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sailor2
I have Bobike Maxi and for 45 inches tall kid the straps will most likely be too short, but it would work otherwise. But it's only rated to 55 lbs, so I think Junior is a better fit. From their web page Junior have the same foot guard plates as Maxi: https://www.bobike.nl/products/en/voe...menu=m14____m2
Ah, I hadn't seen the foot plates. Seems like the Junior is the best choice, but maybe I'll wait until spring when she's a little closer to the lower weight limit. I was hoping someone would have a less expensive alternative that somehow hadn't been picked up by Google