Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Groin Muscle Pain and Numb feeling after Fit

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-15, 09:23 AM
cyclingtolose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently got a new bike and had a full fitting on it, they did raise the seat a little higher then normal because of my flexibility. The bike is built for crit racing and so the bars are slammed a bit, but that shouldnt be an issue with my legs I wouldnt think. I do have a new saddle on the bike, so possibly that is the issue as well.

My question is, with having this groin pain, it is like my muscles are pulled or the feeling you get when you are over stretching, what adjustment should I make? I have read that I should tilt my seat forward a little bit, or lower it a milimeter, or to just swap back to my old saddle.

Looking for a little bit of direction here. I am reaching back out to LBS fitter on this as well, just dont want it to grow into a major issue. I have ridden 5 times since the fitting for a total of 200 miles and still having the issue, so not sure if it is going to eventually go away or if it is time to make an adjustment (I have 2 races this weekend, so wanting to be as comfortable and putting out as much power as possible).

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-15, 11:43 AM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
I've had a similar issue and it was due to the need for the saddle to be very narrow just in front of the sit bones. I've actually clamped the saddle so that is is narrower at that point and then played a heat-*** over it to slightly soften the plastic. When it all cools down the narrowness will stay.
Old 04-09-15, 02:39 PM
Clem von Jones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Mark your seat post and saddle rails with a sharpie and adjust them yourself. If it's worse put things back to where they were.
Old 04-11-15, 09:42 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
got a limber young Road racer fit but you're not that.?