Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Custom Evans Bike recently picked up

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Custom Evans Bike recently picked up

Old 04-11-21, 12:30 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3449 Post(s)
Liked 2,800 Times in 1,974 Posts
lugs are closer to Nervex than Newvex. Quite a bit of work to cut those out. possibly from the Pacenti lugs?
Old 04-14-21, 05:56 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,766 Times in 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
lugs are closer to Nervex than Newvex. Quite a bit of work to cut those out. possibly from the Pacenti lugs?
Maybe, I just would love to actually be able to contact the builder so I could tell him how much I appreciate his work.

That Brooks took it to another level of comfort on a 26 mile ride with it the other day.
Old 04-14-21, 08:54 PM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked 1,905 Times in 647 Posts
I asked my friend and colleague Rich Gang yesterday about Wayne Evans. Rich lives in Denver and has his shop in Golden. Rich knows Wayne well and says he is the kind of guy to stay out of the limelight. He has been making frames for a very long time but doesn't make them very often. Rich said he helped Wayne with fixture design when he started out. One other interesting thing he said is that Wayne started making Mountain bikes long before the guys in Marin county CA. He remembers Wayne coming by with motorcycle type of brake levers. Gangl would be your source for more information about Wayne and how to get ahold of him.
Old 04-14-21, 09:39 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,766 Times in 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug Fattic
I asked my friend and colleague Rich Gang yesterday about Wayne Evans. Rich lives in Denver and has his shop in Golden. Rich knows Wayne well and says he is the kind of guy to stay out of the limelight. He has been making frames for a very long time but doesn't make them very often. Rich said he helped Wayne with fixture design when he started out. One other interesting thing he said is that Wayne started making Mountain bikes long before the guys in Marin county CA. He remembers Wayne coming by with motorcycle type of brake levers. Gangl would be your source for more information about Wayne and how to get ahold of him.
Awesome, thanks! I just glanced back through this old post and I never mentioned who the seller was. This bike was built by Wayne for Bob Fourney, Bob won the RAAM three times, twice as a solo rider. Bob told me this was built to use in a Paris Brevet Paris in the mid 90's.
Old 04-15-21, 08:02 AM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked 2,029 Times in 1,245 Posts
That looks all business, beautiful job. I wish I could ride a Swallow, they just look fast and cool.
Old 04-15-21, 10:23 AM
Narhay

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked 568 Times in 314 Posts
I've been into the rainbow fade paint jobs these days. Marin Limited Editions, Lemons, and now this. Very cool.