Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Ratings

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-22, 04:22 AM
ALLBOY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ratings

I haven't been cycing for long but over the winter have acquired a Derito X trainers to use with my Rouvy software. I have also subscribed to Strava. I have had several questions answered here for which I very gratefyl. I have another question now.On Rouvy I tend to ride the 'City' routes as they are not too hilly. London, Paris, Budapest, Yokohama etc. I have for example ridden Vienna 16 times with the overall times and speeds on the route not as far apart as I would have hoped. Never mind, I do spend about 1 hour a day on it so must eventually get better. What I really want to know is how I can compare my times/speeds etc. on the different routes to what other are achieving. I know that on Strava I can compare my own times and I dod that. I don't know if I can do the same thing on Rouvy. I have and do spend quite a lot of time on both Rouvy and Strava to try and get fully familiar with what they can do but really they are such massive programmes that as yet I haven't managed to find an answer to this current enquiry. Help please !
Old 02-16-22, 08:27 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked 1,190 Times in 692 Posts
i honestly don't know how useful it is to compare with others simply because with these interfaces ti is possible to cheat and then they may be having a good day and you a bad day, or this or that...

since you are riding some routes over and over i would suggest you add some virtual riders to ride with, some better, some not, but all close to your times. somewhere in that list of riders is you and you should add you too, then you will be competing against yourself in virtual real time and not wait until the ride is over to see how the physical you did. Rouvy says you can do this but i have not done it yet becasue i am so involved in exploring new routes almost every day. When i add virtual riders i try to pick others that will be close to my time (even if i need to guess my time). Having others to ride with gives me incentive to catch up or stay ahead and maintain a gap. They are not really there so no challenge for them but it sure can be for me.

I wish Rouvy had a better route search tool, something that can filter out routes with grades bigger than X% for instance. I don't mind climbing 27% grades (my trainer can only handle 20%) but sometimes i want nothing more than 3 or 4 or 5% for an easy route.

By the way, there are other flat routes not in teh city. this is the last route i did an an easy route, needed something pretty darn flat: https://my.rouvy.com/virtual-routes/detail/86819

Last edited by spelger; 02-16-22 at 08:31 AM. Reason: more clarity.
Old 02-16-22, 09:59 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4500 Post(s)
Liked 4,977 Times in 3,077 Posts
You can compare Rouvy route times vs others in Strava. Rouvy doesn't appear to have a direct comparison feature at this time, but I haven't looked hard for one. As spelger says though, comparing times vs others is of very limited value. Just focus on improving your own performance. There will always be both faster and slower riders out there. Also a lot of cheats! Your Direto X has an accurate built-in power meter so at least your times will be honest (presuming you are honest about your exact current weight).
Old 02-17-22, 02:14 PM
CadenceCrazy

Bikes: Nashbar CR5 Ultegra, Trek 2300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
If you want to go down the rabbit hole of tracking innumerable aspects all of your trainer rides, go to either intervals.icu or golden cheetah. Neither one is intuitively obvious to use but provides exceptional training information. You can have Strava automatically upload ride data to either platform. Unfortunately, once you start using either to track your trainer rides, you might yourself in the power meter market for your outdoor efforts.
Old 02-17-22, 03:48 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 731 Times in 438 Posts
Every Rouvy route has a leaderboard that you can check on rouvy.com. It will only show race and time trial results because you can change the trainer difficulty in training mode. I wouldn't put a lot of stock into some of the fastest times, especially if the rider has their profile set to private and you can't get to their ride details. But on popular routes it's easy to see roughly where you are speed-wise.
Old 02-17-22, 03:50 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Originally Posted by spelger
I wish Rouvy had a better route search tool, something that can filter out routes with grades bigger than X% for instance. I don't mind climbing 27% grades (my trainer can only handle 20%) but sometimes i want nothing more than 3 or 4 or 5% for an easy route.
https://my.rouvy.com/virtual-routes

Edit: it doesn't have a max grade filter, but you could also just ride in training mode and reduce the difficulty so you don't get the full effect of steeper slopes.
Old 02-17-22, 03:54 PM
spelger

Originally Posted by surak
i know about this, it is how i find routes. having a max grade filter would be good though. sometimes i want an easy route and looking at average grade and total climb is not enough. clearly it is available, they show it on the routes.
Old 02-17-22, 04:00 PM
surak

Originally Posted by spelger
i know about this, it is how i find routes. having a max grade filter would be good though. sometimes i want an easy route and looking at average grade and total climb is not enough. clearly it is available, they show it on the routes.
Funnily enough the old Rouvy Workouts app has a max grade filter. I never uninstalled it from my laptop so just logged in and confirmed that the route search with that filter still works.
Old 02-17-22, 04:10 PM
spelger

Funnily enough the old Rouvy Workouts app has a max grade filter. I never uninstalled it from my laptop so just logged in and confirmed that the route search with that filter still works.
a qhick sea4rch took me here:

https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/a...S-App-overview

i think i like the look of the UI better, teh grade profile is easier to read and i loke the little map. wonder if the download link just installes what i already have.
Old 02-20-22, 06:03 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4500 Post(s)
Liked 4,977 Times in 3,077 Posts
The current Rouvy app on my mac (v 2.2.0.60) has a grade filter. I presume it's different on the Windows app then?