Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Trek 1100 Aluminum Frame | Bay Area Craigslist

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-20, 01:41 PM
MeagreAger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello All,

I could use some help evaluating the cost of the bike pictured below. I've asked after the history of the bike, its wear and which parts have been replaced and with what, but the owner was unable to provide any information, other than that its in good condition aside from the handlebar tape. They are asking for $250, but when asked if the price was negotiable, said $230 would be the lowest. That seems high to me, but given only that there are cheaper, older bikes, tuned and better cared for, and with the assumption that this isn't a rare find. I'm willing to pay higher for what the bike may ordinarily be worth since it's 59 cm frame fits me well and I'm looking to buy a bike on which I could learn to make repairs and tune too. However, if $230 seems exorbitant for what is offered then I'll wait for a better deal. Thank you!

Sorry, I'm not yet able to include pictures (I get the error message saying I need 10 posts before I include URLs). Trying to satisfy that requirement now.

Last edited by MeagreAger; 05-12-20 at 01:44 PM. Reason: I need to mention why I was unable to include pictures
Old 05-12-20, 04:22 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
The price is high!
Old 05-12-20, 04:27 PM
kross57

Bikes: Miyata 710, Univega Viva Sport, Centurion LeMans, Peugeot U09

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 80 Posts
If the tires are good, the frame is undented, the handlebars and seat are free, the rims are true, the paint is in decent shape, and everything functions properly, then $200-$230 is a good deal, at least in my area.

If you do it yourself, rewrspping the bars should not cost more than $10-$20. .
Old 05-12-20, 04:31 PM
kross57

Bikes: Miyata 710, Univega Viva Sport, Centurion LeMans, Peugeot U09

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 80 Posts
I saw your bike on CL. It's a little beat up and definitely needs tires. $230 is high for that bike in my region, at least under normal conditions.
Old 07-15-20, 12:12 AM
combover

Bikes: Way to many to list

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kross57
if the tires are good, the frame is undented, the handlebars and seat are free, the rims are true, the paint is in decent shape, and everything functions properly, then $200-$230 is a good deal, at least in my area.

If you do it yourself, rewrspping the bars should not cost more than $10-$20. .
+1