Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Help Identify Polish Frame

Old 07-11-20, 11:45 AM
robertmoses

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Help Identify Polish Frame

Hello! I was directed here by someone in a different thread who said this might be the place for my question:

I acquired this bicycle from someone a couple of years ago who claimed that the frame was made by hand in Poland but cannot remember the builder.

If anyone has any idea of who may have produced this frame I would be very grateful. Of note is the diagonal bridge between the seat stays and perhaps the heart shaped lugs between what is allegedly Columbus tubing.

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: FOUND

Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
The only distinguishing feature is the crooked seat stay bridge, and that might help you identify the builder. Otherwise, the lugs are untouched by human hands and there is no evidence that this was an accomplished builder. I'm hoping the defect at the shoreline of the seat lug is in the paint, which appears to have been applied by hand. If it weren't for the seat stay bridge, I would have guessed it was a production bike. No glaring errors in construction, just that it's unremarkable in every way.

edited: found it. www.gromada.waw.pl
Apparently modified production bike.

Last edited by robertmoses; 07-11-20 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-12-20, 09:49 PM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts
Interesting frame. I wonder if the slanted bridge makes a difference in terms of rideability or feel or if it's just designed for aesthetical purposes.