Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

New crankset

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-20, 03:06 PM
ADAM31

Bikes: 2013 felt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
New crankset

I am looking to buy a new crankset for my road bike I am trying to keep it under 200.00 and I am wondering if SRAM Apex 50-34 or 52-36 Crankset with GXP Bottom Bracket 172.5/175 mm For 130.00 is a good buy? I have a Felt AR 4 that is 7 years old and about 58,000 miles. I can’t afford new bike but need to replace crankset for now.
Thanks
Old 07-14-20, 08:37 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
The best deals I've found on chain rings are from FSA and Vuelta. Best deals on bottom bracket cartridges are Shimano. Good luck on finding a great deal on crank arms and spiders. I've had good luck getting all this stuff on ebay. Parts listed as being located inside the USA will arrive the fastest.
Old 07-15-20, 05:41 AM
dsaul

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 800 Times in 475 Posts
I have SRAM Apex cranksets on all of my road and gravel bikes. Its a good crankset for the money and I don't care that it weighs a few more grams than more expensive cranksets. When it comes time to replace the chainrings, it sometimes makes more sense to buy the complete crankset.

When I needed to replace the chainrings and the SRAM replacements were $80, I bought a new Apex crankset with bottom bracket for $109.
Old 07-15-20, 07:52 AM
ADAM31

Bikes: 2013 felt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thank you for the information and help