Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Looking for people to ride with.

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Looking for people to ride with.

Old 08-01-19, 06:59 AM
  #1  
thackattack
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for people to ride with.

Hey guys, apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post.
So I'm new to the forum and mountain biking in general and looking for people to ride with. I've been cycling all my life but only just got into mountain biking after mostly sticking to snowboarding in the winter months I'm looking for something to fill the summer with so started mountain biking.
I've got a bunch of holiday from work left to use by the end of the year which I'd usually spend with my fiance but she had to use up a lot of her allowance this year already and other mates that would be interested are off having babies etc.
A friend at work recommended a trip to verbier but am open to suggestions. If there are any other people looking to meet up or already have a group going that I might be able to join please give me a shout. I'm looking to go August/September or even October if that's still in season. Or if you have any suggestions for good resorts or websites to book with that would be great too.
thackattack is offline  
Old 08-01-19, 05:58 PM
  #2  
qclabrat
Senior Member
 
qclabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by thackattack View Post
Hey guys, apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post.
So I'm new to the forum and mountain biking in general and looking for people to ride with. I've been cycling all my life but only just got into mountain biking after mostly sticking to snowboarding in the winter months I'm looking for something to fill the summer with so started mountain biking.
I've got a bunch of holiday from work left to use by the end of the year which I'd usually spend with my fiance but she had to use up a lot of her allowance this year already and other mates that would be interested are off having babies etc.
A friend at work recommended a trip to verbier but am open to suggestions. If there are any other people looking to meet up or already have a group going that I might be able to join please give me a shout. I'm looking to go August/September or even October if that's still in season. Or if you have any suggestions for good resorts or websites to book with that would be great too.
Welcome to the forum
where you located?, most here are from all over
Try to find a local bike shop and ask about rides or look for the local trail group rides
One way to get involved is to volunteer at a local park maintaining the trails, you'll find the best guys/gals to point you in the right direction
qclabrat is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 03:12 AM
  #3  
thackattack
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qclabrat View Post
Welcome to the forum
where you located?, most here are from all over
Try to find a local bike shop and ask about rides or look for the local trail group rides
One way to get involved is to volunteer at a local park maintaining the trails, you'll find the best guys/gals to point you in the right direction
Cool thanks for the advice will see what i can find out. Am based in London.
thackattack is offline  
Old 08-02-19, 08:24 AM
  #4  
qclabrat
Senior Member
 
qclabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by thackattack View Post
Cool thanks for the advice will see what i can find out. Am based in London.
this looks like a fairly active group on Meetup
https://www.meetup.com/London-Mountain-Biking-Club/
qclabrat is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.