Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Talaria XXX

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Talaria XXX

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-23, 10:42 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
Talaria XXX

I DON"T KNOW IF THIS THREAD SHOULD BE HERE; PLEASE DELETE IF NECESSARY !
IMO, we already have an untenable "e"nvironment in socal with "mini-motorcycles" roaming the streets, bike paths and off road areas without fear of prosecution since policing is inadequate. Luna Cycle just introduced the subject bike with 50 mph or so top speed (seemingly faster, albeit slightly smaller than a SurRon) for less than $3k. IMO, the authorities should focus on the manufacturers for producing a product which history shows will be utilized where it's not permitted.
Old 06-03-23, 11:29 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Originally I thought this was an electric HIGH SPEED ebike, but I see I was mistaken (I deleted my original comment). It's actually an electric DIRT BIKE. COOL!!! Hopefully this is something that can be registered and insured, so it can be legally enjoyed on the roads (or off road, since it's looking totally up to the task).

EDIT:
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE SELL THIS BIKE AS AN OFF-ROAD ONLY TRAIL BIKE. THESE BIKES ARE SPEED/POWER LIMITED TO MAKE THEM ROAD LEGAL IN MANY USA STATES, BUT YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS IN YOUR JURISDICTION.

https://lunacycle.com/XXX/
You absolutely KNOW this is going the eventually cause problems, since ebike riders will buy this dang thing, UNLOCK IT, then use it on public roads. Just look at all the videos on YouTube with people acting the fool, doing stupid crap, putting themselves, AND OTHERS, at risk of an accident or death. They act like they can ride it on sidewalks, against the flow of traffic, on highways, claiming it's "nothing but an ebike". There's a storm coming, and it's not going to end well.

Last edited by tds101; 06-03-23 at 11:35 AM.
Likes For tds101:
Old 06-03-23, 02:11 PM
2old

TDS; I couldn't agree with you more. They say it's "restricted" (which is a laugh because with no pedals, it still wouldn't be a bike; the best they can hope for is a seated scooter). Also, they make de-restricting it painfully easy with a wire that's sticking out just waiting to be cut.
Likes For 2old:
Old 06-03-23, 06:39 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
TDS; I couldn't agree with you more. They say it's "restricted" (which is a laugh because with no pedals, it still wouldn't be a bike; the best they can hope for is a seated scooter). Also, they make de-restricting it painfully easy with a wire that's sticking out just waiting to be cut.
Honestly, I'd love to get one, but it would be nothing but an N+1 purchase, which I, unfortunately, totally can't justify. It's the 💩💩💩 nonetheless.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/5nsiF...giphy.gif&ct=g

Last edited by tds101; 06-03-23 at 06:42 PM.
Likes For tds101:
Old 06-03-23, 07:19 PM
2old

Fortunately, for me, the 31.5" seat height means my chin and knees would be in very close proximity, well that and the fact there's no place to ride it keeps my money where it belongs.
Likes For 2old:
Old 06-04-23, 05:48 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
1. People are always going to modify their vehicle for more performance than regulations or factory settings are allowed.
2. Manufacturers are going to produce whatever vehicle they think will sell.
Those are just simple facts that occur to any vehicle sold to the public, it's what drives innovations in products.
Ignoring those facts won't make public any safer.
You may not like it because it may cause unsafe conditions to the public, but that will not stop people nor manufacturers from doing so.
More importantly is how you operate your vehicle in public and how well you know your operating limits on your vehicle.