Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Does 28MM tyres can Fits on a Bianchi via Nirone 7

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-24, 02:50 PM
Nerobasta97

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys,
I would like to know if I can 28mm the tyres Continental 4 season Grand Prix would fit on a BIANCHI VIA NIRONE 7 2021, I have actually a 25MM, but I want more safety for the rain and more confort.
what would be the needed clearance in CM with the brakes and the frame?
thank you in advance ☺️
Old 05-13-24, 03:21 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 6344 Post(s)
Liked 4,945 Times in 3,405 Posts
Tires grow in height by roughly the same amount they increase in width. So if you have 3 mm plus whatever you want to keep for space to help keep mud laden tires from grinding you to a halt then you should be good.

If you were getting a tire with heavier and deeper tread pattern, then you need to leave a little more margin for error. These are only relative measurements that are made and the tires should be similar in their other respects

What clearance should you have? Probably many of us will have a different opinion. Experience will let you form your opinion. If for some reason the 28mm don't work out, then you'll know how for certain much you need. Which might not be how much the next person needs.

Welcome to BF

Oh..... Check out the description at the top of this forum. This is fitting you to your bike. Not fitting parts and components to your bike. So really this will be best posted in the Bicycle Mechanics sub-forum. You aren't the first that mistook what Fitting Your Bike meant. I've complained that they should put
"You to" in the title. So no biggie.

Last edited by Iride01; 05-13-24 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-18-24, 08:43 AM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 472 Times in 355 Posts
I just put 28 mm GP 5000s on my 12 year old Madone. They're a bit narrower than the 28 mm Bontrager R3 Lites I was using, so they work very well with the older, narrower rims, and there are no clearance problems at all with the the fork, stays, or brake calipers. With narrower rims you might find they measure closer to 26 mm.