Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to remove Padrone from barfly?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 12-06-19, 08:51 PM
iamLefty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts

It’s too tight. I tried to follow the instruction, which is to push it out, tried it with a bit of force, but it still won’t come out. Any tip to easily remove it?
Old 12-06-19, 10:23 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
You’re pushing it in the correct direction, yes? It slips off AWAY from the handlebar. Otherwise, I got nuthin’.

-Kedosto
Old 12-06-19, 10:39 PM
iamLefty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
You’re pushing it in the correct direction, yes? It slips off AWAY from the handlebar. Otherwise, I got nuthin’.

-Kedosto
Yes, correct direction as instructed. Do i have to push really hard? I’m afraid i might break the barfly or the padrone might fly off if i do so.
Old 12-06-19, 10:51 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Wrap everything up in a towel or rag so you can catch it so it doesn’t fly off then push it harder. There’s a small tab on the bottom of the barfly that holds it from slipping out and sometimes the tab is a bit sharp on the edge and it holds a little too well. It’ll get better the more you take it in and out. Hold the barfly bracket with your hands and push the Padrone with your thumbs.

-Kedosto