Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ortlieb or Revelate seat bag?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 12-11-19, 07:07 AM
Maturin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife wants a Christmas list, so I'm looking at seat bags. I've done a lot of poking around and have narrowed it to the Ortlieb Saddle Bag Two (large) or the Relevate Shrew. This would be for a 2015 Kona Jake the Snake. Hoping someone with experience with either or both these bags can share their thoughts. I'm open to other suggestions, but I think these two represent the size and style I want right now. Thanks.
Old 12-28-19, 01:21 PM
westrid_dad

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Cannondale Topstone 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Maturin
My wife wants a Christmas list, so I'm looking at seat bags. I've done a lot of poking around and have narrowed it to the Ortlieb Saddle Bag Two (large) or the Relevate Shrew. This would be for a 2015 Kona Jake the Snake. Hoping someone with experience with either or both these bags can share their thoughts. I'm open to other suggestions, but I think these two represent the size and style I want right now. Thanks.
I trust Santa was good to you, and you did receive the seat bag of your dreams. For what it is worth, I do have the Ortlieb Saddle Bag Two (but the smaller size) on my gravel bike. I've been a fan of Ortlieb's panniers for many years, and was drawn to the similar waterproof, roll-top, easy install features of this seat bag. I've been very pleased. The size is appropriate for what I carry daily, plus offers enough expansion to include extras, like a jacket or extra gloves. As you see, I also ride with a Revelate Designs Tangle frame bag, so that is where I carry most of my "extras". For those longer and/or more remote rides, I'll also add an RD feedbag, or two for snacks or water bottles. As additional perspective, since getting my gravel bike, I've also moved away from a (hydration) back-pack, so am still figuring out the best way to carry my stuff on-bike versus on my back.

Good luck!