Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

Kona WOO or Norco Sasquatch 1

Search
Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-19, 10:49 AM
courtneypepper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am buying a Christmas present and need to know which bike has the better equipment / reputation. I am torn between the Norco Sasquatch 1 (retail $2,499.00) or the kona WOO ($2799). He will be using it on rail trail to commute to and from work during winter (approx 10 km each way). I am also open to suggestions within that price range. Ultimately I want something with good quality parts that is safe and will last. Thanks,

Courtney

Last edited by courtneypepper; 11-15-19 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-15-19, 02:08 PM
slo_rida

Bikes: cyclocross commuter, 29er full suspension, surly necro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by courtneypepper
I am buying a Christmas present and need to know which bike has the better equipment / reputation. I am torn between the Norco Sasquatch 1 (retail $2,499.00) or the kona WOO ($2799). He will be using it on rail trail to commute to and from work during winter (approx 10 km each way). I am also open to suggestions within that price range. Ultimately I want something with good quality parts that is safe and will last. Thanks,

Courtney
Both of those models have 26” wheels. If it was for me, I’d want one with 27.5” wheels, like the Giant Yukon 1 or 2; or Trek Farley 5.

The Farley has studdable tires, which could be a big advantage. I’m not sure about the Yukon.
Old 11-17-19, 08:13 PM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by courtneypepper

Courtney
Norco has slightly better parts. Also the geometry (or how the bike fits is very different between the two bikes. For example the Medium Kona as more similar to the Larger Norco than a medium.
I'll also throw in the Salsa Mukluk, Specialized Fatboy and Surly Ice Cream Truck into the mix. Whatever you decide, make sure the bike shop allows you to swap to a different size if it doesn't fit, especially if this is going to be a surprise. Good luck and let us know what the luck guy ends up with.