Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

“It’s a nice bike, when it works “-the Van Moof saga continues.

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

“It’s a nice bike, when it works “-the Van Moof saga continues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-23, 04:32 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,433 Times in 2,540 Posts
lol that last sentence is actually all I heard on the radio when I got in the car last night -- that was enough to get me to search for the full story & transcript online

This happens in all those end of the world stories. When push comes to shove, we turn on each other.
That's because original sin and total depravity and self-interest are real and reliable. Anybody who tries to convince you that humans are inherently good and loving, are confused by behavior that can emerge in times of prosperity. When **** goes down, human nature comes out. "Nature, red in tooth and claw"
Old 08-31-23, 01:04 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
VanMoof, Trendy E-Bike Brand, Bought Out of Bankruptcy by Scooter Maker - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

VanMoof, the Dutch e-bike maker that gained a zealous following but declared bankruptcy last month, has been acquired by Lavoie, an upscale electric scooter company, the firms announced on Thursday.
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 08-31-23, 09:34 PM
MrGastrognome
Quasi homeostatic system

Bikes: '81 Fuji America, '82 Team Fuji, '85 Nishiki Bel Air, '98 Klein Stage Comp R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts
While not incorrect this headline kinda buries the lead that McLaren bough it (via Lavoie, their electric scooter company).

Last edited by MrGastrognome; 09-01-23 at 06:33 PM.