Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Fricken ebay!

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Fricken ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-10, 10:58 AM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Bikes: Race bike, training bike, go fast bike and a trainer slave.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fricken ebay!

Sold some pedals and cleats to a dude in California, I'm in Hamilton Ontario...

I ship them out as stated...Cheaply through Canada Post!!!!

Normal shipping time to and from Eastern Canada and Western US is 2 weeks, since it's Christmas it took 3 weeks...

So the dude doesn't even contact me to complain he just goes and gives me negative feedback...

Bloody hell! Drops my percentage down to 90% from 100%

Worst part is if the dude emailed me and asked for his shipping refunded in return for a positive I would have done it...

Personally I can not believe someone would leave a negative feedback for shipping time...Geez people once the product is shipped you have no control over how long it takes to get there.

Guys like him really need to get their heads out of the sand and realize there is this thing called customs that does delay package deliveries...

Can you tell I'm pissed!!!
Old 12-25-10, 11:03 AM
Jakedatc

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Just add a comment to his feed back saying there was no contact, shipped during the holidays, out of country shipping. If i read through someone's feedback and see a Neg with an explanation i take that into account. You can leave neg. feed back to them as a buyer can't you? warning to other sellers to avoid them.
Old 12-25-10, 11:04 AM
Bob Dopolina 
Mr. Dopolina

Bikes: KUUPAS, Simpson VR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 41 Posts
Welcome to my world...

Old 12-25-10, 11:06 AM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakedatc
Just add a comment to his feed back saying there was no contact, shipped during the holidays, out of country shipping. If i read through someone's feedback and see a Neg with an explanation i take that into account. You can leave neg. feed back to them as a buyer can't you? warning to other sellers to avoid them.
Yup, did that...
Old 12-25-10, 11:08 AM
Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hate losers that leave bad feedback. Luckily it will go away from affecting % after a year if I remember right.
Old 12-25-10, 11:09 AM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The worst part is even a package I shipped to guy about 90 minutes away from me took 11 days to get there...And that was shipped Xpresspost!

This guy emailed me and I checked the tracking and discovered that it took 9 days to get from my place to the main shipping depot about 45 minutes away...

Geez I could have just driven it over myself
Old 12-25-10, 11:11 AM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakedatc
+1 I have ordered from people with 10+ bogus negatives, and passed on people with 1 or 2 legit ones.

You can also try apologizing to him and offering to refund the shipping if he retracts the neg.
Old 12-25-10, 11:14 AM
coasting 
Still can't climb

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
people suck.

No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack
Old 12-25-10, 11:17 AM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
+1 I have ordered from people with 10+ bogus negatives, and passed on people with 1 or 2 legit ones.

You can also try apologizing to him and offering to refund the shipping if he retracts the neg.
Done..
Old 12-25-10, 11:23 AM
DUHI4GOT

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro Reynolds 853, Cervelo R3SL Sram Red

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
shipping items within and from Canada is the worst I've seen. But if the dude had a tracking number he should've known you sent it as promised
Old 12-25-10, 11:43 AM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rbart4506

Normal shipping time to and from Eastern Canada and Western US is 2 weeks, since it's Christmas it took 3 weeks...

So the dude doesn't even contact me to complain he just goes and gives me negative feedback...

Worst part is if the dude emailed me and asked for his shipping refunded in return for a positive I would have done it...

Personally I can not believe someone would leave a negative feedback for shipping time...Geez people once the product is shipped you have no control over how long it takes to get there.

Guys like him really need to get their heads out of the sand and realize there is this thing called customs that does delay package deliveries...

No way to defend yourself on eBay from ahole buyers. Happens every day. eBay blows.
Old 12-25-10, 11:52 AM
Makel

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 9, Specialized Transition, Specialized Fate, Specialized Crux

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
People that are serious buyers will look at the neg feedback and then look at the rest of his. He most likely has a pattern of leaving neg feedback for nit picky things.
Old 12-25-10, 12:02 PM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
His pattern is leaving negative feedback with out prior contact...
Old 12-25-10, 12:24 PM
roadiejorge 
stole your bike

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Ridley Compact

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

not really, I thought you were just really excited about going from 100% to 90%.

His pattern is leaving negative feedback with out prior contact...
can't you just negative feedback him in kind and add a comment like "extremely impatient customer"? Throw in an expletive for added effect.
Old 12-25-10, 12:30 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by roadiejorge
can't you just negative feedback him in kind and add a comment like "extremely impatient customer"? Throw in an expletive for added effect.
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback .... positive or nothing at all.

Ebay is now stacked in favor of the buyer. I will not be a seller once I sell the few remaining things I have.

In the OP's particular case, you could look into some sort of dispute resolution with Ebay to see if they have a way of getting the Neg removed ... not sure if it's an option. You can go to the community forums on Ebay to discuss with experienced Ebayers who have been through the same thing.

As mentioned, as a buyer, I do keep an open mind about crappy looking negs from bad buyers.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 12-25-10 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-25-10, 12:58 PM
superflylondon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good luck with the feedback issue, sometimes people can be real idiots on that site. I've shipped stuff from North America to Europe and had the buyer contact me the next day to inquire why the item had not arrived yet. Brutal!

My wife seems to have her packages take 2 to 3 times longer to get here than anything I ever order even if the item is from the same location funny enough.

A few years ago I sold a set of speakers to this guy who was only one province over from me. A week or so later I get an email from the guy and its a picture of him posing with the speakers and a letter saying that he always thinks the selling experience was impersonal and he wanted me to see who the speakers went too. Cute but weird.

Thank god he was fully clothed.
Old 12-25-10, 01:28 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Originally Posted by Homebrew01
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback .... positive or nothing at all.

Ebay is now stacked in favor of the buyer. I will not be a seller once I sell the few remaining things I have.
They are leaving themselves wide open to competing sites, which are starting to emerge. Let's hope some of them succeed.
Old 12-25-10, 01:42 PM
PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I agree that I would add a reply to his negative post. "Buyer paid econo shipping. Shipped within 2 days. Sorry holiday shipping is slow"....or something of the sort. As a buyer, I consider that. I've sold enough on ebay to know that some people are just going to whine, no matter what.
Old 12-25-10, 01:57 PM
Velo Vol 
VFL For Life

Bikes: Velo Volmobile

Mentioned: 780 Post(s)
Quoted: 28629 Post(s)
Liked 1,858 Times in 1,320 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
competing sites, which are starting to emerge
Who?
Old 12-25-10, 02:19 PM
hurley.girl
Nerd

Bikes: Cervelo R3 SL, Cervelo P2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Vol
Who?
Exactly. "Competing sites" have been emerging since I left ebay 5 years ago. I'm back, the situation for sellers is much worse, and there are no "competing sites" that are viable. I just need to clear out a few more things, and then I'll be gone for good. Ebay is killing itself.
Old 12-25-10, 04:54 PM
MegaTom

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL3, Lynskey Cooper CX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't give the guy any money back, that's just ridiculous. Leave a comment as others have suggested, or go through eBay's dispute resolution channels and try to have the feedback removed. I believe that you can do that if you can show proof of timely shipping. And just remember that the negative points will go away in time and that you have homeboy's $$$; so at this point, you already win.
Old 12-25-10, 05:22 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

A) EBay is not 'killing itself', they feel a need to make the site more secure for buyers, so they have biased the feedback system heavily in their favor, far too much so in my view. They may eventually adjust this. But the lack of viable alternatives does show what a virtual monopoly they have established.

B) Don't give the money back? Fail. Anybody who does any serious business selling on eBay understands that you have to take it up the ass from the ahole buyers and move along. That's how my pal with 20,000+ feedbacks does it, that's how I do it. It's not a war you can win, the best move is to disengage, move on to the next sale. There's always another buyer, and the next one is almost never a jerk.
Old 12-26-10, 05:49 AM
AnthonyG

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 420 Times in 289 Posts
Something HAD to change on eBay. Too many sellers were jerks who would leave bad feedback in retaliation for poor feedback on themselves. It had to stop before all the customers were scared away and no one will benefit if there are no buyers.

Shipping times to and from the USA sucks at the moment. It used to be OK and I would get some items turning up in a week to Australia from the USA but now Its about 3 weeks for anything to arrive.

I had something take 6 WEEKS to turn up recently partially because the seller misplaced my order. That was really pushing it but in the end I left positive feedback.

Anthony
Old 12-26-10, 08:05 AM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem solved...Buyer reversed feedback, it cost me shipping...but I plan on selling my Blue frame there and a set of HED wheels...So the 100% feedback was important to me...

I've tried here and on other local site without any action. I need to sell the stuff to pay for the new bikes so I have very little choice, but to use ebay....
Old 12-26-10, 08:18 AM
Makel

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 9, Specialized Transition, Specialized Fate, Specialized Crux

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Sorry to hear that you had to give him money. Glad to hear your feedback will be adjusted. That buyer is a bunghole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.