Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Orbea Orca M30 Rim brakes or Scott Addict 30 Disc brakes

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-12-19, 03:40 AM
edokkir

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear All,

I am very new to road cycling. Even though having already made a decision on and ordered an Orbea Orca m30 2019 (rim brakes on), Scott Addict 30 Disc is keeping me busy for if I should push towards changing the choice or not. Is it worth to have the Orca M30 for the more racing attitude or switch to the endurance Addict model (not RC).

Thanks,
Old 10-12-19, 04:23 AM
Adonis72

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by edokkir
Dear All,

I am very new to road cycling. Even though having already made a decision on and ordered an Orbea Orca m30 2019 (rim brakes on), Scott Addict 30 Disc is keeping me busy for if I should push towards changing the choice or not. Is it worth to have the Orca M30 for the more racing attitude or switch to the endurance Addict model (not RC).

Thanks,
Have you rode both bikes? What kind of riding do you plan to do?
Old 10-12-19, 04:38 AM
edokkir

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Adonis72,
I did not ride the Addict, the Orca I rode for some 100-200 meters only just around the bike shop. Orca felt very comfortable at my first visit, though the next time I went may be due to the psi level it felt kind of stiff.
The question may also be evaluated as; is it worth trading in the Orca 105 R7000 rim groupset to an Addict Tiagra 4700 disc?
Must I take into account the racing and highly responsive bike of Orbea?
I am quite new, just planning to do some sports and if I can cope up with, join some ride groups in the future. (My age is over 40 BTW I am one of those who sprang out of his desk and decided to do something different one in a while to change the work-home home-work routine (not highly complaining acutally as I am healthy anyways)

Thanks
Old 10-12-19, 05:27 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
The Orbea is a little longer, but it's not so different you can just run a shorter stem on the Orbea compared to the Scott. We're talking a 100 vs. 110 stem. (This assumes you buy bikes with the same Stack.)
Old 10-12-19, 10:54 AM
Adonis72

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Bike fit is the most important thing, after that its really personal preference. Both of the bikes you chose are nice bikes and I'm sure either would serve you well. If you don't plan to race then I'd choose a more endurance bike personally. However, some people prefer a more racier bike regardless and if it inspires you to ride more then awesome. Its important to test ride as many bikes as you can and preferably for longer distances.
Likes For Adonis72:
Old 10-13-19, 03:07 AM
edokkir

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you all.