Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Vincita Sightseer Transport bag

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 08:10 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sightseer - the Foldable Travel Set for Brompton | Vincita Co., Ltd.

Has anyone used this bag for airline travel? It looks like a well protected light weight solution since it uses your own clothes for cushioning.

I don't see a lot of reviews on line. I do see some but almost all of them were given promotional cases from the supplier.
Old 07-08-15, 09:37 PM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I know Yingsak, the owner. He is a great guy and makes some fabulous bags. I doubt you will find anything better.

Thanks,
Yan
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.
Old 07-08-15, 11:35 PM
keyven

Bikes: Fully customized 11-spd MTB built on 2014 Santa Cruz 5010 frame; Brompton S2E-X 2014; Brompton M3E 2014

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't speak for that particular bag, but the B132B I have is great. Never given me any problems for the 4 flights I've used it on.
Old 07-09-15, 01:08 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think the version I linked is the B132B included as a package with the garment bag.

Just today I noticed they have a B132C bag which has semi hard sides. This would seem to be a really good compromise between weight and protection. You can use the same garment bag as filler. I'm guessing no one has any experience with this bag yet.
Old 07-09-15, 03:45 PM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just be aware of the heel strike issue. Brompton rack is very short and if you look at the video where the bag is attached to the rack (13 secound in), the rider is pedalling with his heels to avoid this. Notice the rest of the video avoids showing the bike riden with the bag on the rack.
I have no experience of the bag, other than that it looks good.
Old 07-09-15, 04:46 PM
kurtp13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhkyte
Just be aware of the heel strike issue. Brompton rack is very short and if you look at the video where the bag is attached to the rack (13 secound in), the rider is pedalling with his heels to avoid this. Notice the rest of the video avoids showing the bike riden with the bag on the rack.
I have no experience of the bag, other than that it looks good.
I noticed that the bag was close to the rider also. But i don't have any interest in riding like this...at least for now. I only want a bag for air travel.