Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

O.T. What are you eating? (AKA the burrito thread)

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

O.T. What are you eating? (AKA the burrito thread)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-17, 09:38 PM
SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Bikes: 3 Chinese Gas Pipe Nerdcycles and 2 Chicago Electroforged Boat Anchors

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
White boy street tacos.

Corn tortillas, grilled top sirloin (bloody), red onions and extra sharp cheddar. No salsa, no pico de gallo, no hot sauce, just three Fatty McJumbo jalapenos on the side. My gums are en fuego
Old 08-31-17, 02:58 AM
SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Late night craving

Old 09-01-17, 08:24 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked 3,128 Times in 1,645 Posts
yes please
Old 09-07-17, 07:05 AM
jdoff

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Egg *between* the pancakes, just genius. Dinner plans made.
Old 09-12-17, 09:44 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
I recently discovered Dave's Killer Bread

The guy was in jail and figured he should do something with his life when he got out. He started making organic bread at his brother's bakery and it grew into a company. The company is a big supporter of Second Chances. Companies who participate in Second Chances hire people with criminal backgrounds who want to turn their lives around but are faced with the stigmas associated with being an ex-con.

I picked up a loaf as much to support the company as I did out of curiosity about the product and it turns out to be really good. The 21 grain bread pictured above is my favorite flavor.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 09-12-17 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-12-17, 09:58 AM
Unkle Rico

Bikes: CENTURION / LOOK / Bianchi

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Yeah, its good stuff for sure!
Old 10-03-17, 11:45 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Old 10-04-17, 03:26 AM
prooftheory
pro in someone's theory

Bikes: FTP

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My complaint against Dave's Killer Bread is that it has sugar in it. Bread is already made out of carbs, why add sugar? Do you want your bread to taste like cake?
Old 10-04-17, 06:41 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Dave's Killer Bread doesn't taste like cake.
Old 10-04-17, 06:59 AM
JeremyLC

Bikes: 2008 Surly Cross Check, 2010 Fuji Track Comp

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by prooftheory
My complaint against Dave's Killer Bread is that it has sugar in it. Bread is already made out of carbs, why add sugar? Do you want your bread to taste like cake?
Sugar feeds the yeast and helps the bread rise. Unless they add so much the bread tastes sweet, then you may have a point.
Old 10-04-17, 07:06 AM
prooftheory
pro in someone's theory

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It definitely tastes sweet.
Old 10-04-17, 12:22 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Two slices of Daves, some Boar's Head EverRoast chicken and that slightly salty Yellow American, red leaf lettuce, sliced plum tomatoes, maybe some Grey Poupon.

Wash it down with an ice cold Topo Chico in the glass bottle.

A NY deli can't make it better.
Old 10-04-17, 12:32 PM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 136 Posts
Did you know that Coca-Cola just bought Topo Chico?
Old 10-04-17, 09:15 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Originally Posted by IAmSam
I did not.

Hopefully they won't ruin it or jack the price.

-Tim-
Old 10-07-17, 09:12 AM
scoho

Bikes: steel track

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rode 30 miles out into the mountains, hiked around for a few hours, then ate some spicy stir-fried squid before heading back home.

Old 10-07-17, 02:24 PM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts
Bacon and eggs.
Old 10-10-17, 09:16 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,956 Times in 2,644 Posts
I ate homemade hot chili oil on a beyond burger. Good stuff. Wish I had some Dave's Killer Bread, that stuff is bangin'.

I highly recommend everyone go out right now get some high heat oil, chili flakes and garlic and make yourself some hot chili oil. I plan on doing another batch with some sichuan peppercorns (mind numbers) and maybe some star anise and way more garlic. Also I recommend highly grinding up your chili peppers finer if you just buy the flakes from your supermarket. They work but a finer grind is better. AmazonWhole Foods has some Korean ground chili flakes that work really well (I have made two batches on for myself and a friend and another for two other friends and the second batch with the Korean chili was better).
Old 10-10-17, 09:26 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by IAmSam
I am at the highest levels of rage...I cannot believe this has happened. Is their no sanity in the world? Down with Coca-Cola!!!

I guess tonight was my last Topo Chico, hopefully they don't take Gerolsteiner too! Can't I live in this world without drinking killer coke products?
Old 10-11-17, 11:49 AM
prooftheory
pro in someone's theory

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I used to work at General Dynamics. I mostly did natural language processing stuff for the Department of Justice. The idea was that if the DEA wanted to know stuff about "John Smith" they would be able to get all of the arrest reports for the John Smith they were actually looking for rather than wiretapping some completely unrelated guy. It was pretty high level AI type of stuff at the time.

Anyway, one day Coca-cola came in as potential customers because they wanted to be able to read all the social media and make sure that they (and only they) had access to the good water in some of their markets. I felt somewhat relieved that we didn't take them on as a customer but that is scary when a company has Three-Letter-Agency types of resources to mess with your food and your ability to live.
Old 10-11-17, 10:26 PM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
In a time when Donald Trump has somehow been appointed as Leader of the Free World, Tipo Chico being acquired by the Coca-Cola Corporation is hardly a real problem.
Old 11-06-17, 09:33 PM
SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Just finished dinner. Had modified rouladen. Replaced the pickle and bacon with prosciutto and red bell pepper. Kraut chow.

Old 11-06-17, 10:22 PM
m.c. 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Spaghetti and some red sauce from a jar.
Old 11-06-17, 10:26 PM
m.c. 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I ate homemade hot chili oil on a beyond burger. Good stuff. Wish I had some Dave's Killer Bread, that stuff is bangin'.

I highly recommend everyone go out right now get some high heat oil, chili flakes and garlic and make yourself some hot chili oil. I plan on doing another batch with some sichuan peppercorns (mind numbers) and maybe some star anise and way more garlic. Also I recommend highly grinding up your chili peppers finer if you just buy the flakes from your supermarket. They work but a finer grind is better. AmazonWhole Foods has some Korean ground chili flakes that work really well (I have made two batches on for myself and a friend and another for two other friends and the second batch with the Korean chili was better).

How do their burgers compare with others? I tend to stay away from the food pretending to be other things because they usually aren't too good. I do enjoy some of the Gardein Chick' and the holiday roast.
Old 11-07-17, 06:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by m.c.
How do their burgers compare with others? I tend to stay away from the food pretending to be other things because they usually aren't too good. I do enjoy some of the Gardein Chick' and the holiday roast.
I highly recommend the Beyond burgers they are quite tasty but if you aren't into the whole meat flavor thing I would make a homemade veggie burger instead. These are pretty darn close according to friends and I have one friend who recently went vegan who is an addict. Gardien makes great stuff as well. Fry up some Fishless Filets with a touch of yuzu and mirin serve on a flour tortilla with your favorite toppings and you got some good eating.

Last night I had Dan Dan Mian and some of the best scallion pancakes you will ever have. So so good.
Old 11-07-17, 07:03 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 251 Posts
Cod on the grill. Natural jet fuel for cyclists...in 30 minutes start to table.

Ingredients:
Cod fillets. I get mine frozen at the grocery store. My grocer has REALLY good cod.
Fresh sliced lemon - 1/8 inch thick
Fresh sliced lime - 1/8 inch thick
Un-salted butter - Plugra or other Euro-butter if you can get it - or extra virgin olive oil
Course sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Fresh rosemary sprigs
Heavy duty aluminum foil - works better than the regular - doesn't burn as easy and is more durable when flipping.

Thaw the cod in water in the sink
Lay one (still wet from thaw) cod fillet on a sheet of the aluminum foil. Foil should be about 6" longer than the fillet. Extend about 3" on each end.
Sprinkle sea salt and cracked pepper to taste on fillet
Place two or three small pats of butter on top of fillet - or sub the butter for a splash of extra virgin olive oil
Place alternating slices of lemon and lime on fillet. On a 14" fillet I get about 6 slices.
Place rosemary slices on top of fillet. A little goes a long way. It's just to give the cod a hint of rosemary.

Bring both sides of foil to top of fillet and start to roll and crimp lengthwise to cocoon the fillet
Twist each end tight to seal-up the fillet

Set fillet on a hot grill (mine is around 650 degrees)
Grill 3 minutes on one side then flip and 3 minutes on the other side. Don't puncture the foil when flipping.

Note: It's easy to over-cook cod so adjust your grilling time accordingly but a really hot grill is the way to go. Grill hot and fast.

Pull off grill and let cool in a large cooking sheet for a couple of minutes and serve.

Use a fish spatula to carefully scoop up a serving with the lemon and lime slices and plate the cod.
I serve this cod with jasmine rice I get at the Asian market and asparagus.

My wife and boys can't get enough of this. Meaty, flaky and not fishy at all provided the quality of the cod is good.

-

Last edited by drlogik; 11-07-17 at 07:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.