Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Jenson USA warranty experience

Old 02-22-19, 12:40 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts
Jenson USA warranty experience

I bought a pair of road shoes last fall that I recently discovered have the bolt holes breaking through the soles. Bolts were greased and torqued to spec, and the only serious riding I've done with those shoes over winter has been on rollers, so they shouldn't have experienced some outrageously high amount of force pulling on the cleats. I filled out the warranty form on Jenson USA's site two days ago and have yet to receive any kind of email confirmation that they're even looking into the case. Anyone else have experience with them? Should I just go straight to the manufacturer?
Old 02-22-19, 07:50 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Trek 7.4 FX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked 912 Times in 535 Posts
I have always had good luck whenever dealing with Jenson. I've purchased from them online about 5 times and have also visited their store. I do admit it seems a little strange that you did not get some sort of computer generated email acknowledging receipt of your problem. I would send them a follow up email stating just that and ask them to confirm receipt and that it's being addressed.
Old 02-22-19, 11:12 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Maybe another case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Got a response and will update with eventual resolution.
Old 03-17-19, 11:20 PM
surak

I had to poke them again after a week went by from the time they said they'd issue a refund, then that finally did the trick. Satisfied with the outcome, although they could have been a bit quicker.