Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Breezer Uptown light failed: can i open it?

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 06-27-19, 12:05 PM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I have a Breezer Uptown w hub generator and lights. (It's 11 months old and under warranty but Breezer is now unresponsive and won't tell me where I can find a dealer. Their dealer that was near me now has no rep. Breezer got bought recently.)

Rode bike 10 times light failed. All connections look great. My meter says juice is coming out of the hub but not out of the headlight to the rear.

Is anyone familiar with this model of light? It looks cheap and doesn't appear to be disassembleable. A wire goes into the light from the hub. A wire comes out of the light to the rear. There is a connector at that point. No juice. But the headlight is one piece. The lens is apparently glued in place. The switch is flimsy and doesn't appear to be intended to remove. What to do? Maybe just buy another headlight?

I guess I would then also look around for places online to give Breezer a bad review -- but maybe they discontinued this crappy model? Someone told me they used better lights. Maybe mine was a close-out mistake. I did get it cheap online. Our first new bike! I get what I pay for I guess.

I posted this to the Mechanics forum and someone there mentioned this forum which I didn't know about. Any leads? Thanks...

Old 06-27-19, 12:38 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
unless there is a screw underneath, my guess is that it snaps together at the front. If it isn't glued, then a spudger might help take the front off.

I saw your story on iBob, I can't believe Breezer won't help you.
Old 06-27-19, 12:42 PM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Breezer finally replied just now (after I finally told them i'd have to give them a bad review). They said to bring it to any LBS. We'll see what's next.