Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Women's Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08, 02:13 AM
SpaceNerd
Just a girl on a bike...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Women's Forum

I'm rather new here and have seen mention of a super secret Women's forum several times. Does it still exist? If it does, who do you talk to about joining it? I would love to see some more women specific posts and opinions. When I searched it seemed as though the threads were all pretty old and the mod's indicated don't appear to be active anymore.
Old 03-10-08, 03:33 AM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
You have to apply to the adminstrators for access to the WF. Send a personal message to Brian or donnamb so they can check out your credentials (specifically, that you really are female and are entitled to access).
Old 03-10-08, 03:37 PM
SpaceNerd
Just a girl on a bike...

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Rowan, the names were what i was looking for! I appreciate it!
Old 03-10-08, 03:46 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
See you there!

East Hill
Old 07-06-13, 03:20 AM
Rhodabike

Bikes: Reynolds 531P road bike, Rocky Mountain Metropolis, Rocky Mountain Sherpa 10, Look 566

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Okay, now I'm searching for this forum. I've sent a p.m. to the last known administrator (Siu blue wind), but got no reply.
Does it still exist? I'm having some saddle issues and would like to know if it's still there.
Old 07-06-13, 08:34 AM
digibud

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Seriously? A forum just for women that you have to apply to??? Tell me that's a bad joke. Either that or tell me there's one for men. And one for gay men. And one for gay women. And one for....
I have to believe somebody is pulling your leg. Girl parts may be different than boy parts but saddle issues are common among both groups. The solution(s) are widely discussed. I certainly hope we are past the need for a hidden women's only forum. A women's forum makes good sense, but I'd shake my head and laugh if there were a hidden one.
Old 07-06-13, 06:03 PM
Rhodabike

Bikes: Reynolds 531P road bike, Rocky Mountain Metropolis, Rocky Mountain Sherpa 10, Look 566

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by digibud
...Girl parts may be different than boy parts but saddle issues are common among both groups...
Um, no. The saddle issues are not at all the same.
Old 07-06-13, 09:15 PM
digibud

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Never meant to imply the issues were the same...just that both men and women have in common the issue of finding a saddle that works for each of our particular sets of problems. The actual problem varies from person to person, let alone between sexes. There are so many different issue and they vary from big people to skinny people to mtn bikers, road bikers, women, men, tourers, racers...it gets really quite complicated.
That's why in the final analysis I think the only good advice is to try many different saddles, almost without regard to anyone else's experience with this or that saddle. Almost. Not entirely, because there are a few saddles out there that really seem to work well for many people, but no saddle is best for everyone. If it doesn't pinch you, the Selle Anatomica gets crazy good reviews. The new Fizik line that includes the Snake comes in different configurations and all of them are "hammock" like and also gets crazy good reviews. Some shops have Fizik available to try. The Anatomica probably has to be bought and tried/returned if it doesn't work. You can order 5 or 6 Specialized saddles online and use them for a few weeks and return them all if you must. In the end there's no substitute for getting a couple hundred miles on a saddle to test it. Nothing else will really be informative.
There is, however commonality in that beginner riders that are overweight typically need more padding until they get fitter and find the padding a problem and then need a less padded saddle for a while until they need a less padded saddle, rinse and repeat until they are doing 50-70mi a ride and come home without having thought about their saddle or their butt the entire time. That's when you are done worrying about saddles.
My only advice is to not judge a saddle till you have some miles on it and keep trading out saddles until you find one that is better than anything else. Realize too, that as you are building miles it's probably quite reasonable to have sore legs, a sore back, sore butt....some of it goes with the territory of pushing oneself, as many of us do, but for those folks that do a regular 12mi ride each Saturday the goal should be to simply find a saddle that works for that.
Best of luck to you and everyone in this search. It's a very common issue for good reason and quite a shame it's so hard for many people to simply get a variety of saddles to try out. Again, best of luck.
Old 07-06-13, 10:14 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhodabike
Okay, now I'm searching for this forum. I've sent a p.m. to the last known administrator (Siu blue wind), but got no reply.
Does it still exist? I'm having some saddle issues and would like to know if it's still there.
My apologies, your pm got lost in all the others. I've replied to you now.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 07-06-13, 10:16 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Originally Posted by digibud
Seriously? A forum just for women that you have to apply to??? Tell me that's a bad joke. Either that or tell me there's one for men. And one for gay men. And one for gay women. And one for....
I have to believe somebody is pulling your leg. Girl parts may be different than boy parts but saddle issues are common among both groups. The solution(s) are widely discussed. I certainly hope we are past the need for a hidden women's only forum. A women's forum makes good sense, but I'd shake my head and laugh if there were a hidden one.
If you are interested in gay forums, please pm me.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.