Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

SRAM force double tap shifter loud click

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 06-05-20, 09:15 AM
Rdrett

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I just picked this bike up and the left shifter for the front derailleur make a loud click / popping noise when downshifting. Up shifting is fine.
i took the 3 screws out and cleaned out what I could get to and re-lubed it and it is better but it isn’t like the right hand shifter which is smooth.
any suggestions?

Old 06-05-20, 10:06 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 99 Posts
Are you certain it isn't normal? The left-hand shifter on my Force 22 groupset definitely makes a louder 'clunk' than the right-hand one. I always assumed it was natural due to the fact that the movement on the derailleur is quite a bit larger for the front than the rear. Without actually hearing yours it's hard to say whether it's abnormal or not.
Old 06-05-20, 10:41 AM
Rdrett

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jgwilliams
Are you certain it isn't normal? The left-hand shifter on my Force 22 groupset definitely makes a louder 'clunk' than the right-hand one. I always assumed it was natural due to the fact that the movement on the derailleur is quite a bit larger for the front than the rear. Without actually hearing yours it's hard to say whether it's abnormal or not.
I am not sure if it is normal. Definitely not a smooth click like the right side. More less like to loud pops. I took the access cover off and cleaned and re-lubed it and it is a lot better.

Would you like me to post a video of it?
This is the first time that I have used this kind of set up