Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy a new bike: Ridley Kanzo Fast

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-23, 06:40 AM
eaglesandcycling

Bikes: 2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 23 Posts

Any thoughts out there on this bike? I'll probably spend around $5500 (USD) max for this bike with the components in this price range. Just wondering if anyone out there rides one and what they think about it.. I've been riding a Trek Checkpoint ALR5 now for over 4 years, and just growing tired of it. Want to upgrade.
Old 07-19-23, 11:23 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked 1,471 Times in 1,020 Posts
Originally Posted by eaglesandcycling
Any thoughts out there on this bike? I'll probably spend around $5500 (USD) max for this bike with the components in this price range. Just wondering if anyone out there rides one and what they think about it.. I've been riding a Trek Checkpoint ALR5 now for over 4 years, and just growing tired of it. Want to upgrade.
I had also looked at a Kanzo Fast but it can only be setup 1x whereas I wanted a 2x drive train.
Old 07-20-23, 05:02 AM
eaglesandcycling

Bikes: 2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 23 Posts
What dont u like about a 1x drive train? I've never used one, always a 2x. just thought i'd try something new. hmm
Old 07-20-23, 06:10 AM
gt3racerich

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 9 Posts
I have one for about a year now. I never drive to a location to ride so I wanted a bike that would be relatively fast on the road while getting to a trail. Also, the trails that I ride are not very aggressive and I ride them close to how I ride a road bike. I like to go (relatively) fast, travel light, and put on a lot of miles. It seemed as though the Kanzo Fast was perfect for what I wanted, and I love the looks.
I came upon an article last week ranking the best gravel bikes and it was good to see the Kanzo Fast came in number one, even against some newer bikes.
Likes For gt3racerich:
Old 07-20-23, 07:19 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
^That is a pretty bike.

Likes For himespau:
Old 07-20-23, 11:28 AM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked 1,471 Times in 1,020 Posts
Originally Posted by eaglesandcycling
What dont u like about a 1x drive train? I've never used one, always a 2x. just thought i'd try something new. hmm
I do not have any experience with a 1x drive train on a drop bar bike either; I just feel that I would need to closer gear ratios provided by a 2x drive train. The Kanzo Fast has a very good review of Gran Fondo Magazine.

The 2023 Ridley Kanzo Fast in review – Our big gravel race bike shootout | GRAN FONDO Cycling Magazine (granfondo-cycling.com)