Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Training App for Kurt Kinetic

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-20, 07:58 PM
fords4life

Bikes: '20 Trek DS1, '84 Raleigh Prestige

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Just getting started in cycling and trying to get ready for winter with a trainer. Bought a Kurt Kinetic with the Kurt sensor. I have tried the Kurt app but have had nothing but problems with the app. Any recommendations for an app with training plans that isn't terribly expensive every month?
Old 09-28-20, 07:21 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4365 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,854 Posts
Originally Posted by fords4life
Just getting started in cycling and trying to get ready for winter with a trainer. Bought a Kurt Kinetic with the Kurt sensor. I have tried the Kurt app but have had nothing but problems with the app. Any recommendations for an app with training plans that isn't terribly expensive every month?
This belongs in the "Indoor and Stationary" subforum that resides at the top of the "Road" forum. You can ask the mods to move it there, you'll get more responses.

I assume by "Kurt" sensor you mean the "inride" sensor?

With that, you can use most any app out there. Expensive is in the eye of the beholder. Many of us like Zwift.
Likes For MinnMan:
Old 09-29-20, 09:06 AM
fords4life

Bikes: '20 Trek DS1, '84 Raleigh Prestige

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
This belongs in the "Indoor and Stationary" subforum that resides at the top of the "Road" forum. You can ask the mods to move it there, you'll get more responses.

I assume by "Kurt" sensor you mean the "inride" sensor?

With that, you can use most any app out there. Expensive is in the eye of the beholder. Many of us like Zwift.
Yes the inride sensor. The sensor seems to work great and I like features in their app, but it is not stable at all. I was hoping for sub $10/month but it looks like the only thing out there for that is Rouvy. I might have to give it a try first. I despise how everything has gone subscription based. I'd rather buy an app or computer program and be done with it.
Old 09-29-20, 09:45 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Moved from Nutrition to Stationary.

Old 11-12-20, 07:37 PM
impolexg

Bikes: Kona Raijin, Ibis Tranny 29, Cannondale SR1000, Lynskey R330

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Golden cheetah just added support to read power from a kurt kinetic inride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL-ZnP14pAE

Totally free and there's many free virtual rides and thousands of workouts available on the internet. But its free, no subscription, you need to invent your own training plan.