Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Input total milage

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-20, 12:05 PM
shmily_dana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Input total milage

Do any of the GPS type computers allow for the entry of the lifetime miles for the bicycle? I could do that on my old cateye strada and I can do that on my sigma sport when I put in a new battery.
Old 10-14-20, 12:27 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
My Garmin 500, which is practically an ancient relic now, allows for this. I imagine all the new ones do.
Old 10-14-20, 01:47 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6195 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Yes, but my only recent experience is also with a 10 year old Garmin 500. However if you are loading your data to a website, that info doesn't typically get transferred. You'll have to set that up in the site settings for your equipment or bike.

I did use to use Garmin Training Center and you could change the mileage on the device from the computer. But that was 10 year old tech too. As we move into more modern stuff, we seem to be loosing functionality in favor of letting someone or something else provide us with less control. <grin.... my sarcasm and cynicism for the day>
Likes For Iride01: