Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Pinarello Nytro

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Pinarello Nytro

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-20, 04:36 AM
Llygad

Bikes: Pinarello Nytro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pinarello Nytro

Hi....two questions re the Nytro.
Has anyone had problems with the seat post slipping slightly when riding despite securing it ?
And is there a manual or handbook for the Nytro and where can you get it?
Have tried dealer and Pinarello and searched on line but no luck!
Old 10-28-20, 11:36 AM
volosong

Bikes: n + 1

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
The Nytro is not sold in the United States, so most of us won't be able to help. The Dyodo is sold here, and all the typical manuals came with the bike. Even the brochures/manuals related to the motor and battery. If your dealer cannot help you, I suggest you find another dealer. On-line at Pinarello won't help you much. Their web site is pretty poor as to information. You might try the manufacture of the motor in the Nytro, (which is a different system than the Dyodo).
Old 10-29-20, 08:54 AM
Llygad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Volosong
Thanks for response.Surprised Pinarello Nytro not sold in US....😊
Old 10-30-20, 01:26 AM
volosong

Bikes: n + 1

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
The Nytro was developed for the European market. It uses Fauza Evation motor which is mounted in the bottom bracket. Being Euro spec, the assist is limited to 25km/h (about 15.5 mph). You can remove the battery from your Nytro also and replace it with a cover. That lightens the bike a whole lot.

In contrast, the Dyodo was developed for the U.S./Canadian market. It's motor is mounted inside the rear hub and is limited to 20 mph assist, (32 km/h), but mine seems to cut out closer to 22 mph. One cannot remove the battery from the Dyodo, so it is a heavy bike, assisted or not. The Dyodo uses the ebikemotion system, the same as in the Orbea Gain and Wilier e-bike.

I can understand the Nytro not being imported. 5 mph is a big difference. But, I sure wish I could remove the battery on the Dyodo. With winter coming on, I have to bring the whole bike inside to charge and maintain health due to outside cold. (Not a problem for me as I live alone.)
Old 10-30-20, 06:14 PM
CigTech2

Bikes: Kent DIY Road Ebike build

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
I looked at the post clamp system on that bike, and it does not look like a good design to me. A Wedge is inserted into the frame in front of the seat post. And held in place with an Allen head Bolt. You might be able to take a small piece of electrical tape inserted on to that curved edging the wedge just in front of the seat post. This might give you a little extra friction when you tighten up the wedge onto the seat post. Hope this helps.

Old 10-31-20, 05:29 PM
Llygad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear Post

Hi CigTech2
Thanks for your practical suggesttion...will try that on my Pinarello to see if it helps..and .will let you know.....Great!
Old 10-31-20, 05:56 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,687 Times in 2,510 Posts
use carbon friction paste
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 11-07-20, 08:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4332 Post(s)
Liked 3,956 Times in 2,644 Posts
You can probably go to the Fazua site for a manual on their stuff and the rest is going to be generic manual for bikes that Pinarello probably has their own version of.

+1 for carbon paste and also using a torque wrench if you haven't already. I always hate bikes with proprietary seatposts like that. Give me a nice round 27.2, 30.9 or 31.6 and a lot fewer problems or at least I have more options for swapping things out should I have problems.