Lemond1985
Sophomore Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1622 Post(s)
Liked 1,036 Times in 623 Posts
A Modest Proposal

ďMove This Subforum to P&R, Where It Belongs.Ē

I am sick of all the armchair medical advice from people who have never touched a stethoscope. The is not a medical message board.

Iím sick of all the long political speeches from really stupid inarticulate people.

Iím sick of all the fights.

Iím sick of all the people from other countries, lining up to criticize my country.

Iím sick of all the exemptions from moderation one side gets, as well as support and encouragement from the mods, while the other side has their threads closed whenever they start winning an argument.

Iím sick of having to read something I found extremely really offensive that someone wrote in this subforum, and then have to forget all that when discussing, in a different thread 5 minutes later, how to clean a derailleur or something.

With all due respect, what the Hell is this subforum even doing on a bicycle message board, can anyone offer me a rational explanation?

And if the sub isnít moved, can you PLEASE put it somewhere less prominent maybe?

Thank You.
Likes For Lemond1985:
Old 10-17-20, 04:51 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 199 Posts
You might consider posting this in the User Assistance section. Perhaps the mods will agree to allow a separate COVID-19 thread there, for those who want to win arguments.
Old 10-17-20, 06:43 AM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked 211 Times in 123 Posts
I've found in life that people who think they are "winning" in a discussion very seldom are.
Likes For jon c.:
Old 10-17-20, 08:01 AM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 435 Times in 266 Posts
I guess the heading Modest Proposal was an attempt at humor.
Old 10-17-20, 08:13 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 176 Posts
“I’m sick of all the fights, so I’m going to start a fight.”

If you’re tired of hearing this country sucks perhaps it’s time to stop reading the internet.

”Can you please move this forum because I’m not mature enough to ignore something that doesn’t interest me.”
Likes For gsteinb:
Old 10-17-20, 08:20 AM
caloso

Bikes: Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2360 Post(s)
Liked 1,214 Times in 634 Posts
And here I thought this post was going to be about a COVID cure that involved eating Irish children.
Likes For caloso:
Old 10-17-20, 08:48 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8044 Post(s)
Liked 1,577 Times in 912 Posts
As I say whenever people have a complaint about a particular thread or, in this case, a particular sub-forum . . . . . nobody is forcing you to participate where you are not happy. You are free to search out and find another thread or another forum where your contentment can be realized. Don't stay where you are not happy, but if you do then you can only blame yourself.

Here's another reminder you should be familiar with . . . . . . when you see inappropriate behavior please report it. The mod staff is small and we can't be everywhere at once. Plus we have our own private lives just like you, so don't expect instant results when you do complain. We will process valid, substantive complaints in due time.

As for the politics, because of the dynamics that exist in the USA it is virtually impossible to completely separate it from the pandemic discussion. Again, report abuses and we'll look into it.

This complaint thread is closed.
Likes For BillyD: