Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Advantageous super foods, and after exercise intakes

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Advantageous super foods, and after exercise intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-23, 07:02 AM
loggie24

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I always liked to keep it simple so I often eat nuts
Old 06-16-23, 08:57 AM
TLit

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
I find that walnuts (high in magnesium) and almonds raw are good as well as pumpkin seeds. Those on a budget may prefer sunflower seeds. They generally have a lot of positive things. Wheat germ toasted is nutrition packed, I've always enjoyed it. Wheat germ oil apparently has good things for increased stamina. Yoghurt is great. But I don't regard these specifically as super foods.

Green powders of good quality, YS Farms royal jelly propolis honey, high grade vitamins--all have their place to rebuild the body and maintain good energy. Organic garlic and ginger do so many things for health as well, they should be in most people's diet.
Old 06-23-23, 03:51 PM
TLit

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
I'd generally agree with those excellent points. After a two hour fast hike today I was tempted to go for a beer, but need to work off a belly. I'd like to learn to make kombucha which I believe is oversold and too expensive, probably all you need is "mother" source of it, then sugar and black tea. I've been making oatmeal cookies with raisins, walnuts, eggs, allspice, cardamon and water or milk, let chill in refrigerator and then form into cookies and bake for a half hour. Super easy, cheap, and a good wholefood.
Old 06-23-23, 06:46 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2485 Post(s)
Liked 2,956 Times in 1,679 Posts
I guess my superfood is whatever's super-fast to prepare. For the last 30 years or so, my go-to, and around 25 or 30 percent of my daily caloric intake, has consisted of generic oats and some raisins in a bowl, mixed with tap water from a bottle I keep in the refrigerator. About 20 seconds to prepare, and delicious.

Both Aldi and Lidl are out of canisters of raisins in all the stores in my area. Worrisome.