Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Just seen this...

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Just seen this...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-09, 10:11 AM
daisylovesbikes
MTB Nut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just seen this...

I just saw this and it helped pass the long day in the office, thought some of you might enjoy it too.

It's a free online MTB magazine some good stuff in there with videos on the pages, especially enjoyed Mike the Bike, he made me laugh!

https://www.imbikemag.com/issue1/

Hope some of you enjoy it, will definitely be checking it out when i get bored in the office tomorrow!

Old 09-07-09, 12:17 PM
Repack Rider
Retro on steroids

Bikes: Breezer Repack 650-B, 2011 Gary Fisher Rumblefish II, Gary Fisher HiFi 29er, 1983 Ritchey Annapurna, 1994 Ritchey P-21, 1978 Breezer #2, 1975 Colnago, Ritchey P-29er

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 625 Times in 132 Posts
The Internet offers things a print magazine could never have, sound and video, which these guys are using to great effect. They can sell their advertising for much less because they don't have the cost of printing and mailing, and they can get accurate information on how many people are reading their work and where they are doing so.

Here's the other side of that coin. I used to work for several national cycling magazines, and I never read any of them any more because they have nothing to offer me. After decades of cycling, my "technique" is probably as good as it's going to get, I don't need maps of places I will never ride, and "bike tests" are bunch of rot. When the latest widgets make their way to the LBS I see them and get accurate info from the mechanics as to function and reliability.

I do not select my bikes on the basis of anything published in a magazine. I know a guy who has become so confused by magazines, who is weighing so many different factors and bike reviews, that he is paralyzed and can't figure out what bike to buy. I just go on rides and I don't care what anyone else thinks of my bike, because I can ride anything with two wheels and every new bike is better than any of my old bikes.

A typical cycling magazine will recycle articles on a three year rotation, roughly the time between the new rider's first subscription and dropping the mag. I quit writing for them after about the third lap of the same material.
Old 09-07-09, 01:12 PM
scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sweet! And you just happened to register today, just to tell us of this, eh?

SPAM or shill, eh?
Old 09-07-09, 01:22 PM
kenhill3
use your best eye

Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by scrublover
Sweet! And you just happened to register today, just to tell us of this, eh?

SPAM or shill, eh?
I'm thinking not. First post was 09-02-09.

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

I do think that the mag title is inappropriately close to IMBA. My 2 cents.

Repack Rider- Do YOU know anything specifically about this mag?
Old 09-07-09, 01:31 PM
scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenhill3
I'm thinking not. First post was 09-02-09.

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

I do think that the mag title is inappropriately close to IMBA. My 2 cents.

Repack Rider- Do YOU know anything specifically about this mag?
Doh! You're right on the FP there. Still seems funky. If I'm wrong, the OP can accept my apologies.
Old 09-07-09, 05:35 PM
daisylovesbikes
MTB Nut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just saw it and it made me smile and passed my time at work today thought i would share, i am new but i'm no bot been checking and posting everyday for a while.

You guys can be pretty cynical as i have seen in other posts! I know nothing about the mag other than i enjoyed it, hence i won't comment on the other remarks... I'm no expert on a bike though, so perhaps it was pitched right for me...
Old 09-07-09, 06:02 PM
kenhill3
use your best eye

Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by daisylovesbikes
Just saw it and it made me smile and passed my time at work today thought i would share, i am new but i'm no bot been checking and posting everyday for a while.

You guys can be pretty cynical as i have seen in other posts! I know nothing about the mag other than i enjoyed it, hence i won't comment on the other remarks... I'm no expert on a bike though, so perhaps it was pitched right for me...
Just put on your sarcasm decoder ring and flame suit and you'll do just fine here.

By the way, welcome to BikeForums.
Old 09-07-09, 06:09 PM
daisylovesbikes
MTB Nut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cheers Ken, sarcasm decoder is fired up and ready to go and the flame suit is on, although it makes my bum look big! But then so do padded shorts
Old 09-07-09, 07:38 PM
skiahh

Bikes: 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, there seems to be more ads in that thing than a print mag.