Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Logging On

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-10, 09:11 AM
tizeye 

Bikes: 1985 Falcon, 2008 Jamis Dakota Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Logging On

Is there some sort of timer with the log-on?

This is the only forum I am experiencing it, but it seems that the "Remember Me" is only effective for 24 hours. I consistently have to re-signon. Doesn't appears to be my computer, where other forums have been away from for months and it recognizes me when I return.

I now know to look when I first arrove to see if I need to signon. What prompted this post, apparently the 24 hours clicked while I was active on the forum, signing me off where a reply "did not have permission."

Is there something in profile or settings that I need to adjust?
Old 12-19-10, 09:27 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Try clearing your cookies and logging back in, especially if you're using any version of IE. This may resolve the issue for you.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 12-24-10, 03:04 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
No reply necessary. Just mentioning that I've logged on 3 times in the past half hour. Every time I change from one forum to another. I won't have this problem again for another few weeks, and then it will pop up again. I clear the cache every time I shut down the computer. Maybe this is the problem.
Old 12-25-10, 07:04 AM
tizeye 

Bikes: 1985 Falcon, 2008 Jamis Dakota Sport

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Appears to be an IE related issue - even after clearing cookies. Typically don't like to clear cookies because erases those of other sites not having a problem and wanting to keep. Apparently can't line item delete like in other browsers - it's all or none with IE.

Switched over to Firefox and consistently logging on. Would switch permanently away from IE, but a few job related sites demand IE with error messages and refusing to load if logging on with any other browser.
Old 12-29-10, 01:20 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

I came back to my computer after a 16 hour absence and am still logged on. Unheard of, but entertaining.
Old 01-01-11, 04:32 PM
delux68

Bikes: a bunch, bmx, mtn, and a few classics

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i came here to post this. i have the same problem, i use firefox at home and now i'm at a friends using safari on her imac. pretty annoying to have to log in 2-3 times during visits to the forums.
Old 01-07-11, 07:28 PM
skiahh

Bikes: 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same here. I'm running Firefox Beta 4.0. This is the only forum where this happens and I've even specifically allowed BF cookies. I've cleared cache, the old cookies and history. It's annoying because if I don't catch it at the main menu, when I log in from a forum, none of the threads are marked as new.
Old 01-07-11, 10:06 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
I've referred this on to tech. I can't reproduce the error on any of my browsers, so I can't tell you how to deal with it.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 01-11-11, 03:19 PM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

I'm on google chrome. I stayed logged in for days, and just now logged in 5 times in one minute--once for each attachment I wanted to open. Hi Ho.
Old 01-12-11, 04:43 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
I'm on google chrome. I stayed logged in for days, and just now logged in 5 times in one minute--once for each attachment I wanted to open. Hi Ho.
Did you have any updates to any browsers or important programs?

Microsoft sent out the monthly Malicious check thing and one other update to me the other day.

Did you crash/have to do a hard shutdown or reboot? Data can be lost that affects your browser activity.

I found out IE8 has some kind of recovery mode if you crash but it has to be set on.

A bad mouse or other I/O device can ad will cause major crap and you'd never think it was busted. I also think they aren't made well these days as I've been over tha possibility myself too many times.
Old 01-23-11, 12:01 AM
skiahh

Bikes: 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any update to this? I'll stay logged on until I close the browser. I've allowed cookies from this domain, so they should stay.

Update: This appears to be an Internet Brands and Firefox issue. I'm having the same issue on other IB brand sites but my IE seems to hold the token where FF drops it. I'm also sending a bug report off to Firefox.

Last edited by skiahh; 01-23-11 at 10:43 AM.