Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Keep Your Black Tires Black

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Keep Your Black Tires Black

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-24, 11:58 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,644 Times in 2,922 Posts
303d the sidewalls, but not the tread/slick/contact surface. They look good - but not shiny. Still need to wipe them down. My older Conti GP5000s cracked just sitting in the garage with zero sun exposure. Maybe this will help - not after pretty, just longevity.

We shall see if i stay upright when riding on the sidewalls…but on second thought, if I am on the sidewalls, I will not be upright.

Old 01-31-24, 06:39 AM
crklein3 

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Tarmac SL6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
https://www.mcgeecompany.com/wp-conte...0_Ru_Glyde.pdf

OSHA may have this product on their hit list for 2024. So far its not listed as a hazardous waste. But in some states the Sodium dichromate, dihydrate and the Ethylene glycol are a No, No.

Many of us remember the days of Tetraethyllead and R22. Rats... Looks like we might loose another one...
I remember my dad using Ru-Glyde to clean his rubber mats of his Thunderbird back in the 70's. I guess anything that works this well for this long HAS TO BE BANNED!... for our own ignorant safety.

Likes For crklein3:
Old 01-31-24, 08:35 AM
easyupbug 

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 410 Posts
If you have a a devil-may-care attitude to life you can still buy all you may ever need for just $20/gal.
Old 01-31-24, 10:48 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,644 Times in 2,922 Posts
303 ride update. Rode yesterday on fairly wet curvy pavement with a top speed of 32 and average over 18 and amazingly enough, I did not crash. But then, I used a sponge to apply and didn’t put any on the contact parch. And best of all, tires still look marvelous since the stuff is not shiny. May make 303 spray part of regular bike maintenance ritual.