Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Avg. MPH on your hybrid?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Avg. MPH on your hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-20, 11:17 AM
howellvirgbill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hybrid cycling speed

I ride a Trex FX4 Sport, an eight mile route each day. My best average speed is 17.59 MPH, I usually average in the low to mid 16's. My route (Florida) is almost completely flat, something like a two foot elevation change maximum. Windy days slows me down into the high 14'2 / low 15's.

Last edited by howellvirgbill; 12-05-20 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-06-20, 05:57 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
fastest avg I ever had was about 20 mph over a 35 mile very flat route. I was riding a 9 speed 12-23 cassette with a 48/38/28 chain ring setup.

Old 12-06-20, 07:13 PM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
If I can average 15 MPH over my 30 mile loop, I am as happy as a clam in cool salt water!

Easier on the Sirrus, than the Crosstrail.
Old 12-09-20, 08:33 PM
CaliDreaming

Bikes: Trek 7.3 FX

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm averaging about 15 to 16mph on flat terrain. On my trusty Trek Hybrid
Old 12-10-20, 12:13 PM
obentwan
Space for rent

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX-5, Trek 8.2 Dual Sport

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Happy to have it

I'm old, bad knees, bad back and saddle sore. I'm happy to average 10mph on most of my rides, 10 to 17 miles in length. Wish I could ride further and faster but it is what it is and I'm greatful. I ride a 2013 Trek 8.2DS.
Old 12-10-20, 01:26 PM
mdarnton

Bikes: nothing to brag about

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 116 Posts
I'm just riding a 35 pound gas pipe single speed but looking at hybrids right now, which is why I'm reading this. That said, last week I bought a speedometer/odo, and immediately my average speed went up, because I was paying attention to it. I only ride in Chicago, where it's flat, but have noticed there's no consistency to who I pass or who passes me, regardless of what bike they're riding. I'm forced to conclude that it's more about the rider and his motivations than the bike. Who'd have known :-)
Old 07-30-23, 09:32 AM
avidrider

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
This is an older thread. However, I would like to revive it.

I see most people on this thread seem to have average speeds that hover between 10 - 14-ish mph on their hybrids. A few of you seem to get rather high speeds (15-22 mph-ish), and a few of you get even higher! But I never get anywhere near these numbers on my hybrid bike. I might hit 10 mph, and when I do, I am going like a bat out of the batcave!

I use the Pacer GPS mode/app on my iPhone to track my pace/speed/miles traveled, etc. My anecdotal experience, and according to the Pacer GPS statistics, seems to be that I log between 7-9 mph, with 8 miles per hour more times than not.

I am in good physical shape. My weight is right where it should be for my height (6'3"). I work out regularly 3-5 times per week.

My workouts consists of cardio (10-12 miles) on my one of my three bikes, which are a 2022 Escape Disc 1 (hybrid bike), a restored 1993 Vintage Schwinn Crosscut (hybrid bike), and a restored Vintage 1973 Schwinn Le Tour (road bike), karate 46 plus years, and light strength conditioning. I have been exercising regularly since I was 13 years old (I am currently 61).

I am also ex-military, so I can assure you over the years I have exercised regularly, and know what it means to be in good shape (but not necessarily muscular - that is another topic for another time).

Additionally, I am a certified Athletics and Fitness Association of American group fitness instructor. I am a certified karate instructor with the American/Japan Karate Association, too. Bottom line, exercising, and riding my bike, is not "new" to me, and I am not out of shape!

So, why do I not average a cycling speed nearer to what I see on this thread, which seems to be somewhere between 10-14 mph-ish? Is it the weight of my bike, the bike geometry, etc., what? Or are the average speeds being posted on this thread hyper-inflated (like the size of the fish that got away, which is always bigger when the story gets told over and over)?

Consider, I know newer road bikes can be quite light; some high end road bikes can weigh as little as 14 pounds. But this thread is about hybrid bikes, which regardless of bike brand, tend to weigh between 24-33 lbs before loading them up with "stuff", i.e., water, snack bag, phone mounts/gps tracker accessories, etc.

Note, I am talking about the pure weight of the bike, so for the sake of this thread, I will use the weight of my my lightest hybrid, which happens to be a 2022 Giant Escape Disc 1 (in extra large for my height, which is the biggest size Giant makes in the Escape line).

The Giant Escape Disc 1 is a hybrid bike, and weights 24.3 lbs off the showroom floor (I weighed the bike when I purchased it). This series hybrid bike is intended for use as a city/commuter/exercise bike - a hybrid paring if there ever was one.

However, because I am tall I have "tweaked" the bike to better fit my riding preferences with a new butterfly handlebar, bigger flat pedals, an extended stem holder, and an adjustable stem. All these additions bring the weight of this Escape to exactly 28 lbs, which in the world of hybrids, is quite average. If the Escape was designed as a "road bike", 28 lbs would be "heavy". But it is not a road bike, it is a bonafide hybrid, and at 28 lbs the Giant Escape Disc 1 is average to slightly better than average!

For those of you wanting more information about the Escape Disc 1, here are the basic stats:
  • Fork - Advanced-Grade Composite with composite OverDrive steerer, disc
  • Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
  • Shifters- Shimano Altus, 2x9
  • Front Derailleur- Shimano Acera
  • Rear Derailleur- Shimano Alivio
  • Brakes - Tektro HD-R280, Giant MPH rotors [F]160mm, [R]160mm
  • Brake Levers - Shimano
  • Cassette - Shimano CS-HG200, 11x36
  • Chain - KMC X9 with Missing Link
  • Crankset - Shimano MT-210, 30/46 XS:170mm, S:170mm, M:170mm, L:175mm, XL:175mm
  • Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BB52
  • Rims - Giant double wall aluminum
  • Hubs - alloy, 28h
  • Spokes - stainless, 14g
  • Tires - Giant S-X2, puncture protect, 700x38c
Perhaps I am not getting the average speeds of 10-14 mph I see on this forum because of the grearing and the tire size (700 x 38c) of the Giant Escape Disc 1?

Recap: I am in good shape, and my weight is where it should be for my height. I ride and exercise regularly. For a hybrid, the weight of my Giant Escape Disc 1 is average to better than average. But I cannot get an average cruising speed of 10-14 mph. That all said, those of you out there riding hybrid bikes, what are you doing that I am not doing to average between 10-14 mph?

I would appreciate any suggestions what will help me improve my average speed from my current 8 mph to what seems to be the average of between 10-14 mph on this forum.

Thank you.

Below is a photo of the current set up the 2022 Giant Escape Disc 1 that is being discussed in this thread, at a weight of 28 lbs as shown.

2022 Giant Escape Disc 1

Last edited by avidrider; 07-30-23 at 09:58 AM.
Likes For avidrider:
Old 07-30-23, 10:14 AM
avidrider

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Why average speed matters.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Wow, another speed thread .. why does it matter?
I know your comment here was done several years ago. But no one gave you an answer. So, here is one thought.

You ask, "Why does average speed matter?" Well, some of us are trying to improve our fitness, and/or travel time from one destination to another.

The question of average speed is not because we want to be "faster" just because it is "cooler", or because we want to show everyone how "fast" we can go. The question of average speed (at least for me) is to help me determine how far can I go, which determines my resting point(s) based on how far I would like to travel on any given ride.

If you are just riding your bike around the neighborhood, or at the local park just for fun, then yes, average speed is NOT important. But if you are traveling from point A to point B, and it is MANY miles away, then knowing your average speed helps you plan the route, and where and when you might be able to pit stop and/or rest for the night.

So, now you have an answer. You may not agree with it or like it. But it is a valid reason none-the-less.

Lastly, if you believe "Why does it matter", why chime in to say anything it if does not matter? Perhaps you can share a reason why average speed does not matter, and that perspective would be better received than just saying . . . "why does it matter"?
Old 07-30-23, 10:12 PM
Michael Novo

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
It's not a straightforward answer on why you're averaging 8mph but I think there are a few 'prongs' to get you to a solution. First let's start with the bike. It's not designed with speed in mind. It was designed for comfort / commuting / slightly more ruggedness than a road bike. You will have to work a good amount harder in terms of watts to come even close to someone on a road bike. Easy 1-3mph gain just from switching bikes for most. But there are guys in our group rides that are on hybrids or gravel bikes and still push 25-30mph in a pace line. So yes it's the bike but maybe there's more.

When you ride, you've got many factors at play. But the biggest one is your mental state when it comes to pushing your potential. Being on a heavier bike will impact most people negatively. If I ride a bike that I know is 3lbs heavier than mine (let's assume everything else is equal) , there's a good chance I'll be slower on a flat course when in reality 3lbs is not much for me (6'3" 235lbs). Just knowing that a bike is heavier or not intended to go fast is a very real hurdle, even though it's not top of mind.

8mph does seem a bit on the slower end of slow. When I rode a hybrid and was 270lbs / less fit, I would still be 10-13mph. So two solutions, one expensive, one free. First you can get a power meter which will tell you your power and cadence. Are you grinding away at 70rpm in a harder gear than necessary? Maybe. Or are you simply not laying down the watts as much as you can? FTP test, ideally on a trainer, is good to establish and then you have something to gauge against on rides. There are days when I go out there and it feels like I'm working so hard but my power meter is showing that I'm at 190 watts. I've done the same route at 250 watts before but today it's just not happening. Or I'm struggling at too low of a cadence and I need to downshift and pedal faster. Power meter is the best way to quickly improve cycling fitness.

The free option is to go out there with a group or one or two friends that can ride a bit faster than you. There's a power to the pack that you don't have by yourself. Tonight I rode at one speed on my route. In my group ride tomorrow I know I'll be at least 2-3mph faster. Both because of the draft and because of the mental pressure to keep up. Go out there with someone and ask them to hold maybe 11 or 12mph and work to keep up with them. You'd be surprised how much potential folks leave in the tank.

One final note is that people who are "fit" aren't always good at cycling or other outdoor sports. I used to be a competitive power lifter but my strength did not help me when I'd go camping and have to lug logs to the site or hike up a mountain. "gym strength" is not your friend when it comes to cycling and other sustained outdoor efforts.

I'm still relatively new to cycling but have gone from just starting on a hybrid to now having a nice road bike and regularly doing group rides and even crits and fondos from time to time. What I've learned from a mental perspective is 'how to suffer'. In the gym you do the set for 30 seconds, you fatigue and then set the weights down and take a break or work a different muscle. On the bike there is no break, and it's not 20 sets at 30 seconds each but now it's an hour straight, or more. Now you have to mentally engage and understand if you're really at your limit or not. There's suffering in every sport and cycling has its own version. Your buddy is doing 12mph and you're struggling to stay in his draft. It's time to slow your cadence / speed and let him pull away. Or is it? Maybe you just bear down and push through the pain just until you get to that one street sign.

I did a 92 mile race called "Race The Lake" last year. I was going to do it just on my own but a buddy had a team formed and said I could join them. Great, I've done a number of long rides before but always on my own. Our wave is due to start and I gotta take a leak but figure I can wait until the first refueling station or maybe the second one since I don't know when the team will stop. I get to the line and ask "which station are you guys refilling / stopping at?" my buddy tells me "we don't, it's a race". Never had I ever gone more than 20 or 25 miles without putting my foot down / taking a break. Somehow I just kept pedaling and managed to eat and drink just fine along the way. Finished the whole thing without stopping and felt fine. It's amazing how much you can push beyond an imaginary limit.
​​​​

Originally Posted by avidrider
This is an older thread. However, I would like to revive it.

I see most people on this thread seem to have average speeds that hover between 10 - 14-ish mph on their hybrids. A few of you seem to get rather high speeds (15-22 mph-ish), and a few of you get even higher! But I never get anywhere near these numbers on my hybrid bike. I might hit 10 mph, and when I do, I am going like a bat out of the batcave!

I use the Pacer GPS mode/app on my iPhone to track my pace/speed/miles traveled, etc. My anecdotal experience, and according to the Pacer GPS statistics, seems to be that I log between 7-9 mph, with 8 miles per hour more times than not.

I am in good physical shape. My weight is right where it should be for my height (6'3"). I work out regularly 3-5 times per week.

My workouts consists of cardio (10-12 miles) on my one of my three bikes, which are a 2022 Escape Disc 1 (hybrid bike), a restored 1993 Vintage Schwinn Crosscut (hybrid bike), and a restored Vintage 1973 Schwinn Le Tour (road bike), karate 46 plus years, and light strength conditioning. I have been exercising regularly since I was 13 years old (I am currently 61).

I am also ex-military, so I can assure you over the years I have exercised regularly, and know what it means to be in good shape (but not necessarily muscular - that is another topic for another time).

Additionally, I am a certified Athletics and Fitness Association of American group fitness instructor. I am a certified karate instructor with the American/Japan Karate Association, too. Bottom line, exercising, and riding my bike, is not "new" to me, and I am not out of shape!

So, why do I not average a cycling speed nearer to what I see on this thread, which seems to be somewhere between 10-14 mph-ish? Is it the weight of my bike, the bike geometry, etc., what? Or are the average speeds being posted on this thread hyper-inflated (like the size of the fish that got away, which is always bigger when the story gets told over and over)?

Consider, I know newer road bikes can be quite light; some high end road bikes can weigh as little as 14 pounds. But this thread is about hybrid bikes, which regardless of bike brand, tend to weigh between 24-33 lbs before loading them up with "stuff", i.e., water, snack bag, phone mounts/gps tracker accessories, etc.

Note, I am talking about the pure weight of the bike, so for the sake of this thread, I will use the weight of my my lightest hybrid, which happens to be a 2022 Giant Escape Disc 1 (in extra large for my height, which is the biggest size Giant makes in the Escape line).

The Giant Escape Disc 1 is a hybrid bike, and weights 24.3 lbs off the showroom floor (I weighed the bike when I purchased it). This series hybrid bike is intended for use as a city/commuter/exercise bike - a hybrid paring if there ever was one.

However, because I am tall I have "tweaked" the bike to better fit my riding preferences with a new butterfly handlebar, bigger flat pedals, an extended stem holder, and an adjustable stem. All these additions bring the weight of this Escape to exactly 28 lbs, which in the world of hybrids, is quite average. If the Escape was designed as a "road bike", 28 lbs would be "heavy". But it is not a road bike, it is a bonafide hybrid, and at 28 lbs the Giant Escape Disc 1 is average to slightly better than average!

For those of you wanting more information about the Escape Disc 1, here are the basic stats:
  • Fork - Advanced-Grade Composite with composite OverDrive steerer, disc
  • Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
  • Shifters- Shimano Altus, 2x9
  • Front Derailleur- Shimano Acera
  • Rear Derailleur- Shimano Alivio
  • Brakes - Tektro HD-R280, Giant MPH rotors [F]160mm, [R]160mm
  • Brake Levers - Shimano
  • Cassette - Shimano CS-HG200, 11x36
  • Chain - KMC X9 with Missing Link
  • Crankset - Shimano MT-210, 30/46 XS:170mm, S:170mm, M:170mm, L:175mm, XL:175mm
  • Bottom Bracket - Shimano SM-BB52
  • Rims - Giant double wall aluminum
  • Hubs - alloy, 28h
  • Spokes - stainless, 14g
  • Tires - Giant S-X2, puncture protect, 700x38c
Perhaps I am not getting the average speeds of 10-14 mph I see on this forum because of the grearing and the tire size (700 x 38c) of the Giant Escape Disc 1?

Recap: I am in good shape, and my weight is where it should be for my height. I ride and exercise regularly. For a hybrid, the weight of my Giant Escape Disc 1 is average to better than average. But I cannot get an average cruising speed of 10-14 mph. That all said, those of you out there riding hybrid bikes, what are you doing that I am not doing to average between 10-14 mph?

I would appreciate any suggestions what will help me improve my average speed from my current 8 mph to what seems to be the average of between 10-14 mph on this forum.

Thank you.

Below is a photo of the current set up the 2022 Giant Escape Disc 1 that is being discussed in this thread, at a weight of 28 lbs as shown.

2022 Giant Escape Disc 1
Old 08-13-23, 12:20 AM
StargazeCyclist

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by avidrider

I think the handlebar is designed to be fitted the other way round
Old 08-13-23, 12:40 AM
StargazeCyclist

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts
I average 11-13mph on my hybrid (Walmart BSO, rigid fork, 26" wheels, CST 60TPI semi-slick tires), but I average 17-19mph on my road bike. Are hybrids that slow?
Old 08-13-23, 07:46 AM
avidrider

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Can be used both ways.

Originally Posted by StargazeCyclist
I think the handlebar is designed to be fitted the other way round
lol, I’ve seen them used both ways! I’ve tried both. This is what I like. Take a look at the image from someone else’s set up.

Old 08-13-23, 05:25 PM
avidrider

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
UPDATE

I recently took two other bikes out for average mph comparison. On both of those bikes out (one is a hybrid, the other is a road bike), I easily maintained an average of 11 mph. Had I pushed a bit harder, I could have easily hit 12-13 mph. Even 15 mph.

I am going to take out the Giant Escape Disc 1 again, and use the same GPS tracker. If the problem is simply the design of the bike, I now have two different bike types, and GPS data, to figure this all out.

While speed is not necessarily my goal, figuring out what each bike can do when I am utilizing "about" the same wattage of leg power will help me when choose which bike to use between a leisure ride by the ocean, or going on a longer excursion that would necessitate knowing when and how to prepare for rest stops, or extended layovers.

But in reality, the "feel of the speed " on any of these bikes seems identical to me. At least now I will have data from various rides and bike types to compare.
Old 08-17-23, 06:15 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 337 Times in 204 Posts
Did you use the same app/device for recording your speed on the other bike? Because 8mph is really slow; that's the speed you'd get up a quite steep incline or in severe headwind. I don't see anything about the setup on your hybrid that would hinder you to ride at 12 mph even if you were somewhat out of shape, so I wonder if your tracking device is working properly.
Old 08-17-23, 12:06 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
When measuring and comparing average speed, the method of data collection matters. Some devices take a true average speed...that is, miles traveled divided by time since the device was told to start recording. Other devices take a moving average speed, where they will pause the data collection when they sense you're not moving. Depending on the length of stops (for intersections, breaks, etc.), the method of data collection can influence the final number, making it difficult to compare two numbers (especially if the data collection method isn't reported).
Old 08-18-23, 05:19 AM
Superjim2

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
obviously there are MANY variables that impact the average speed; Bike, rider capability, weight, road conditions, terrain, elevation changes, tires, pressure, etc. So it's almost impossible to compare apples to apples. But here's mine. I'm riding a FX sport 6. I have converted it from a gravel bike to more of a dedicated road bike. Running Vittoria Corsa Pro Control tires 700x34c @ 75 psi. Bike weight is down to 20.2 lbs. That's the good., The bad is, I'm 63 years old, not the strongest rider and by far not very aerodynamic at 230 lbs dressed out in gear. But the bike is fast and rolls easily. on a flat road, I checked my average speed at a moderate effort cruise. Not working hard but just steady effort. With the original Bontrager GR1 40c gravel tires at 50 psi I was around 15.5 mph. With the new Corsa Pro Control tires it's up to 17.5 - 18.0 mph. The tires made a huge difference. The Pro Control is designed for rough pavement, broken, cracked pavement and maybe a little light loose stuff but not really off pavement.
Likes For Superjim2:
Old 08-21-23, 02:34 PM
bald1der

Bikes: Cannondale CX3

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Looking on my app, my average on my Cannondale CX this year is 10.4mph. My max speed was 35.2mph
Old 08-22-23, 06:02 AM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 433 Times in 251 Posts
I goes the speed I goes which varies from season to season and which bike I grab. A quick look at 2023 rides and the Quick 1 averages are right around 12.5 MPH. Out of curiousity I looked at my Strava ride history and it looks like the tire swap in 2021 cost me 1 MPH on similar routes with similar riding styles. The indestructible Schwalbe Marathons are heavy...
Old 08-24-23, 12:13 PM
Airwolf641

Bikes: Giant Cypress 2

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Per my catseye, I'm getting about 12 to 15 mph average.
Old 09-06-23, 01:01 PM
HectorStorm

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
I live in a fairly hilly area, and the average speed varies quite a bit depending on where I go that day. I'm getting about 12.8-13mph average in the last month. Numbers from 2021 and 2022 are slower, as my average speed is getting slightly higher overall.

Max speed was 43.5mph on 30th August this year.
Likes For HectorStorm:
Old 09-12-23, 08:09 PM
bharrisonb
FreedomRider

Bikes: 1971 Raleigh Sports, 2008 Specialized Sequoia, 2016 Trek Verve 2, 2023 Cannondale Adventure Neo Allroad ebike

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 53 Posts
I'm average between 13 and 14 mph on m Trek Verve 2 (2016 version) on most rides, usually in the 20 to 40 mile range on paved roads.This factors in weather (wind / rain / heat /cold) with some downhills where I may hit 27 mph and uphills at 7 mph. Speed is not my objective. I do ride (mostly) solo, since others have different speed preferences ... but I do have a few friends that enjoy my pace.
Old 01-08-24, 11:41 PM
Parsival

Bikes: 23 Sirrus X.50 / 21 Sirrus 6.0 / 19 EPIC Carbon Comp

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 15 Posts
I recently did a 51 mile ride with 1826 ft of elevation on my Sirrus with an avg. speed 15.9 mph.
Old 01-09-24, 09:03 AM
JustaJoe

Bikes: 2022 Kona Dr. Dew, 2022 Specialized Vado

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
Speed is the 1 metric I don't care about, yet it is tracked. My goal is to keep my heartrate in moderate bpm (under 150bpm), which translates to rpm's in the 70's and speed around 12mph. At this pace, I can ride for several hours and feel great afterwards. Dr. Dew w/ 650bx47mm tires, 42t chainring, 11-51t cassette.
Old 01-09-24, 03:13 PM
Dragum
Hybrid vigor climber.

Bikes: Caloi SuperCross 1993 and Caloi CityTour 2019

Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts
With my City Tour 9,35kg i get:

18.5 miles per hour on the coast, 100% flat, on pedals up to 30 miles.
Top speed of 35.5 miles per hour with 36/10 chainring and 40c tire at 120 RPM
3.5 miles per hour reduction at 60 RPM.

Ratio: 36/10-51 12V 170mm crank.

Last edited by Dragum; 01-10-24 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-07-24, 08:28 AM
Cgnman59

Bikes: 2009 Giant FCR2, 1994 Univega Via DeOro, 1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
I average 13-14mph for my 10-13 mile rides on my '93 Univega Via DeOro. I live near Raleigh so the terrain is fairly flat with the occasional rise or small hill. I'm 64, 5'11 and 195lbs. I can probably go 1-2mph faster on my Giant FCR2. I'm happy with the speed and happier with the calories burned over the ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.